Chapter Twenty-Nine

It has been exactly a week since Abraham's deposition and the past week had been great, to say the least. I was still working my normal twelve-hour shifts, Christian was still working at his enterprise, and our family was still in town. I had worked two consecutive months of twelve-hour shifts, and today instead of working a twelve-hour shift I was working an eight-hour shift. Christian on the other hand, was busy with work and was on a business trip in California for four days, and of course being his fiance I wasn't too thrilled about it. As for our family, they were all nestled into the extra bedrooms in the penthouse, and though I pleaded with them to stay in hotels they reminded me that my safety was the most important thing so they stayed. 

It was 7:15 in the morning, and I was getting ready like I normally did every morning. But as of late as I got ready in the morning I was noticing major changes in my body. I haven't been boxing for over five years, but aside from that I wasn't really working out although walking up and down the hallways of the hospital was a bit of a workout. I was looking a bit plump. A plumper belly, fuller cheeks, and a rounder butt. I didn't mind the rounder butt, but the fuller face and belly not so much. Brushing away my thoughts I continued my morning routine, and when I finished I walked down to the kitchen where Giovanni, Katherine, and the rest of the family were sitting having breakfast. 

" Good morning Mili" everyone greeted as I sat at the island 

" Good morning guys" I smiled stuffing my mouth with breakfast

" So Milan I was thinking we could go dress shopping today after we both finish work," Katherine suggested  

" That seems fine I finish sometime around 4:00 pm this evening so I think we can meet up at whatever dress shop you have in mind" I told her sipping coffee

She nodded her head in agreement, and we all continued eating our breakfast. Everyone was focused on their agendas for the day. My mother was sketching new designs for her Bella Mina, my mother-in-law was making phone calls, my father and father-in-law were emailing business associates, Giovanni was reading files, and Katherine was writing a fashion blog post, while I sat eating and reading my medical books. After a while of just sitting there, and eating I had realized it was actually time for me to make my way to the hospital. 

I packed my work bag, slipped my shoes on, and made my way out of the house. This winter in Boston compared to other winters in Boston actually hadn't been that bad, but this morning was brutal. Lucky for me my car had been heated and cleared by Giovanni, which saved me extra time. I placed my bag in the passenger seat and made my ten-minute drive to the hospital. I hadn't talked to Christian last night, so this morning was the time to do so. 

"Hey babe good morning" Christian said 

" Good morning how did you sleep last night?" I asked 

" Fine, although I didn't get back to my hotel  till midnight last night...I'm trying to get work done so I can get home tonight before dinner" He sighed  sounding exhausted

" Christian you have got to give your body time to rest, you can't cram work into one day so you can come home early, relax a little please for me at least," I said 

" I just need to get this last project going before Christmas comes around, then I'll relax' He told me 

" Anyways today Katherine is taking me to go wedding dress shopping at a nearby wedding shop, and I've never been so stressed about it"  

" You work twelve hours shift you're going to the bridal shop at five in the morning" He spoke sarcastically

" No Christian, I finish work at 4pm today, I will meet her at the bridal shop"  I explained rolling my eyes 

The Doctor and the Millionaire (EDITING)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara