Chapter Twenty-One

^

~MILAN~

It has been a month since I have been out of the hospital and needless to say, everything was not going great. I was still on leave from the enterprise due to my injury, but it was already  November and there was no point in waiting to go back to work in December if I was going to leave at the beginning of the following year. I pondered and decided that I wasn't going to return. Of course Christian was not too fond of the idea. I told him that I wasn't going back and that I had an interview at the hospital for an open position. Since I've told him he hasn't really talked to me much. He'd come home late from the office and go to work early and would avoid me like the plague. 

At this point, I was done complaining about it and I didn't care. If Christian was going to be upset with me wanting to work at the hospital then I just wasn't going to be around him. This isn't about him. It's about me doing what I love it's about me saving lives if that isn't important then I don't know what is. He was making me feel as if I was stupid for wanting to leave the enterprise. He was almost making me feel like how Sam and my father made me feel. 

It was 9:30 in the morning and I was getting ready for my interview today. Just like most mornings for the past few weeks, I woke up alone. I walked to the bathroom and showered washed my hair and did my usual routine. It had become a routine for me do this at Christians house now. I decided to wear a white body con dress and stilettos with my lab coat, something to make a statement. I straightened my hair and I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen.

Christian was sitting at the island eating his breakfast while reading the news. I could feel him staring at me as I made my coffee. Extra whip and Extra creamer. Every move I made Christian was staring at me, but I wasn't paying him any mind. I could hear him cursing under his breath which made me smirk on the inside. My internal laughter was cut off by the ringing of my phone. 

" Hello?"

" Milan, Buongiorno bambino" My mother exclaimed

" Buongiorno mamma" I spoke out of annoyance

" Come ti senti? " She asked

" Fine mom, I'm fine" I whined

" Your brother is in town for business meet him at the Starbucks on 66 darling"

" Ok mom, anything else?" 

" No dearie ciao"

" Ciao mamma" and I hung up the phone

I'm excited Giovanni is in town it was prime time I saw him. He was the only one in the family who actually stayed in touch with me every once in a while to check up on me. I finished my coffee, took my medicine for the day, and I was out the door. As I walked to the door I could still feel Christian staring at my lower apparatus. I jumped into my car and made my way to the hospital for the interview.

~~~

" So Dr. Robinson what are your credentials? " The interviewer asked

" I graduated first in my class from John Hopkins and did my internship and residency at Brigham and women's hospital where it ended," I said

" Why did it end Dr. Robinson?" She asked again

" The hospital went bankrupt so all the physicians, nurses, and hospital staff were forced out of employment" I answered