Chapter Four

The sunlight was piercing through my windows as if I didn't already know that It was time for me to get up. It was a pretty good morning despite the fact that I still had no job and was still suffering from a slight headache from two days before. It was quite an early morning so to make myself productive I decided to get myself out of my bed and doing something. I dressed in leggings and sports sweater and went for a run around downtown Boston. 

I spent a good portion of the morning jogging throughout the city and after a few miles, I finally stopped at the local coffee shop on my way home. I arrived at the coffee shop and sure enough, on a Monday morning, it was full of people. As I waited for my turn to arrive I had noticed the guy from the club Christian sitting in the back of the coffee shop focused on the screen in front of him. He was dressed in a beautiful Armani navy blue suit with hair laid to perfection. It seemed that everywhere I went I would find him. 

"Can I take your order, please? " 

"Oh sorry, I'll have a caramel mocha and a breakfast biscuit with extra cheese, please"

"Your total will be 11.24." The cashier says 

I paid the cashier the money and I made my way outside to the patio and sat waiting for my order while texting Aaron and Julia. I figured after 30 minutes of me texting them that they were either sleeping or doing the dirty. After waiting for sometime my order had come. A caramel mocha and a breakfast biscuit the two things I loved to eat and drink. As I sat on the patio I admired the beautiful Boston city.  The very tall skyscrapers and all the people walking by who looked so happy, and the aroma of coffee circling the air.

Life in Boston was far better than life back home in California. There weren't people competing for high status that they couldn't afford or people that boasted about their lavish lives. Boston was a wholesome and patriotic city that had so much more to offer than what California could ever give. If I had continued to live in such a socially draining place I would not be the person that I am today. I was admiring Boston so much I hadn't noticed that I had drunk all of my mocha. I had been sitting in the patio chairs for quite some time just thinking. I guess that's how great the city actually is. 

If there was a list of things that I refrained from telling people it was how incredibly clumsy I was. It didn't matter where I was or what I was doing I somehow landed on the floor or with some sort of injury. Just as I was getting up to make my way back to my condo I ran into one of the bikers making me trip over the patio chairs nearly falling into moving traffic. As luck would have it I the guy from the club Christian had saved me once again from my death. I stood there wrapped around in his arms staring at him with embarrassment and amazement. 

" It seems that I keep saving you from near-death" He smirks 

 "Thank you for saving me from my death...again," I laugh with embarrassment 

" No problem you're lucky I caught you," He smiled 

"What are you doing at the coffee shop this morning ?" He asked 

"I actually went out for a jog this morning and thought I'd stop by the coffee shop before I got home it is the best coffee shop in Boston," I said fiddling with my sweater 

" Yeah it's the best Boston has, I just stopped to do some work before heading to the office," He added 

" That's nice," 

" Well since we bump into each other so much I should probably ask you what you do since its a Monday morning and you're not at work?" He asks 

"I am an Emergency physician, but my hospital just went bankrupt so I am currently looking for a job at a hospital, " I told him 

" A doctor! Really?" He says surprised 

" Yes I am, me and my friends Aaron and Julia" I laughed 

" Well, Milan I have a job opening in my building call this number to get information,"  He says handing me a business card. 

" I will take it into consideration" I answered 

 " Thanks again for the save" 

"Anytime " He smiled 

I returned home and I spent a good portion of the day searching for job openings for physicians at neighboring hospitals. I didn't really think of the offer that Christian had given me earlier today till I received a text from Christian himself reminding me to consider the job. Though I was a medical doctor I had also gotten a business degree in college. I was emailing and applying to many hospitals in the area without any responses so in the event that I did not get any responses from any hospitals within the next couple of days I was just going to call Christians building to ask about job openings. 

" Lloyd Enterprises this is Emily Johnson how may I help you ?"

"Hello, my name is Milan Robinson I was wondering if you have a job offering at Llyod Enterprises?" 

" Yes, we do there is an opening for the assistant. We ask that if you attend the interview you bring a copy of your resume, social security, and drivers license any more questions?" She asks 

"When is the interview?" I ask 

" It will be tomorrow on Tuesday at the Lloyd Enterprises at 10:30 am the address is 5472 East Boston way all that I ask is that you be at least fifteen minutes early prior to your interview,"  She says 

"Great thank you so much, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning" 

Even though this wasn't the position that I was seeking this was a positive step in the right direction.  It was not a job in the emergency wing of a hospital but I still had some great business skills considering my degree and fashion company. I applied to seven additional hospitals before I officially called it a night from job searching. I danced my way to the kitchen to get myself a glass of wine in the happiest mood of all time. 

" WOAH! whats wrong with you," Aaron asked worriedly 

"How about a good evening Milan I haven't seen you all day How have you been?" I joked 

" Whatever, why are you in that weird mood?" He asks rolling his eyes 

"For your information, this weird mood is called happy, and this happy girl is happy because I just got a job offer at Lloyd Enterprises." I danced sipping wine 

" Seriously at Christians billion-dollar business Milan" He beamed 

"Yes! I am so excited" I shouted, 

" That's great !"

"I know right, I go for an interview tomorrow" I danced 

" I just hope I get the job" 

" Milan don't play yourself your more than capable of getting that job" Aaron assured me 

" If you're going for an interview tomorrow then you should not be drinking half the wine bottle Milan" He warns taking the bottle 

"I'll just drink a little," I say rolling my eyes 

I drank almost the entire bottle of wine while eating pizza, but lucky for me Aaron took it before I could finish it. We sat in the living room cuddled up watching terminator which I absolutely hated, but it was Aarons turn to pick a movie. 

" You should get ready for tomorrow," He said 

" Yeah, I'll leave you and your stupid Terminator movie to yourself" I laughed throwing a pillow at his head.

"It's not stupid!" Aaron argues 

" Sure it is," I say slamming my door shut 

" Goodnight Milan" He shouted 

" Goodnight!"