Chapter Twenty-Seven

^

~MILAN

It has been two weeks since we've been back in Boston from our trip to California, and needless to say our lives have been busy ever since. I had a handful of meetings for fashion week, Christian had business meetings for his new project, I had work at the hospital, and we're planning for our wedding in the upcoming months. With everything going on I and Christian hardly ever saw each other which made planning a wedding very difficult. 

It was 7:00 in the morning and snowing. I was getting ready for a 12-hour shift at the hospital. I started work at 8:00 am as did Christian. Every morning has been the same. We had established a routine. We'd wake up at 6:30, get dressed at 7:00, have breakfast at 7:15, and leave the house at 7:45. I pulled my hair into a sleek high-bun and dressed in my green scrubs and a black sweater. 

Christians had a handful of meetings today so he dressed in his typical business attire. We finished our morning rituals and made our way down to the kitchen for breakfast. We silently read the news on our phones and finished last-minute work on our computers before heading out of the house. We exited the house and made our way in our separate directions but not before a kiss goodbye. 

" I'll come and bring lunch to you today around noon ok?" Christian said 

I kissed his lips " See you then Mr. Lloyd"

" See you then Mrs.Lloyd" He smirked making his way to Raphael in the car 

I turned the corner and made my way to my car. I placed my bag in the passenger seat and made my ten-minute drive to the hospital. This was my time to time to think about life and one of the things that had been on my mind was moving back to my condo. I was so very thankful for having Christian, and I was thankful to have him care for me when I was unable to care for myself. Now that I am well and healthy I feel as if it is time for me to move back to my condo.  It wasn't as if I was going to be gone for long because we're getting married in February, and plus I had heard that seeing your fiance before the big day was bad luck. 

I pulled into the parking lot of the emergency room and made my way to the ER to begin my shift. I locked into the locker room to lock my bags and proceeded to the ER front desk. The doctor on call before me briefed me on all the patients that had come in over the course of last night and early mornings. I had seven patients and an additional patient who had come in within the past forty-five minutes.  I sat behind the desk and read through the papers and checked the charts once again before starting rounds with the residents I was in charge of.  We only had a handful of patients now, but by late evening when the snow stopped and the ice froze we were going to have more than a handful of patients. 

" Milan, good morning," Aaron said kissing the top of my head 

" Good morning Aaron" I said rolling my eyes 

" Anyways satanwhat's on the agenda today?" He asked 

" I have ten patients today, and we're starting rounds in five minutes," I told him

" Have you started planning your wedding yet?" Aaron asked 

" The only thing I have planned is the date and the dress I want everything else I have no idea about," I told him

" You need a wedding planner, because as far as I'm concerned you haven't finished planning for fashion week, you work twelve hours every day, and fashion week is the week of your wedding! " Aaron shouted shaking me