Epilogue

It was well into the year and I was heavily pregnant and due at any moment. Seven months of married life had been treating both I and Christian well. The night of our wedding Christian had surprised me for a honeymoon in Italy. It was absolutely beautiful, but before we knew it we were back to the hustle of Boston. Shortly after we returned we had moved into our new home.  Life was busy. Christian had begun yet another project at the enterprise, I and Aaron had become head of the emergency department, and Christian and I were starting a series of hotel project ourselves. 

My belly had grown so large I wasn't able to see my own two feet. My face had become so round, my butt had grown bigger, and my breasts two sizes larger. All of which Christian loved. So much so he had made it a daily habit to bed me every chance he got. In the early hours of the morning, when he woke up for work, when he came home for lunch, in the shower, before dinner, after dinner, and before bed. It was so frequent there weren't any interesting places to do it anymore. 

Our family had moved to Boston just as they had promised months ago. I was expecting them to move into houses a good distance away from us, but they refused. We were now neighbors with both our parents and our siblings who had just gotten married. My father and John had both stepped down from their companies and handed them over to Giovanni to expand. Katherine had taken a break from modeling and began her jewelry business. Aaron and Julia got engaged over the summer. Abraham was convicted of attempted murder and fraud and was currently sitting in prison on a life sentence. Life was pretty well rounded and happy for everyone.

Before I was on maternity leave I had fainted quite a bit at work from stress and overworking myself, and everyone was insisting that I was overworking myself. I insisted on working until my maternity leave began. That didn't exactly happen because just a few weeks later I had fainted again. Being the stubborn person I was I again refused and didn't listen to medical advice, but my lovely husband had written me off as incapable of making any decision regarding myself. In the end, I wasn't allowed to make any choice on whether I wanted to work or not, and as a result I started my maternity leave three months before I was originally supposed to. 

I was finishing the last bit of decorating of the house that I had put aside for many months. Christian, Giovanni, and Aaron insisted that I not lift any object so I called them every hour of the day to ensure that they move them for me. It was just me in our big house, and I didn't have anyone to help me aside from myself so I took matters into my own hands and did everything from lifting boxes to moving the sofa to my liking. I never believed people when they said they were nesting, but I never believed them more now that I was nesting. Every nook and cranny of our house was decorated and organized to the max. Just then Christian had made arrived home. 

" Milan I'm Home !" He shouted 

" I'm in the family room," I said pushing the sofa 

" Milan you're not supposed to be pushing or lifting anything" He scolded

" Well then help me and push it," I ordered

 Just as I stood upright to move to the side for Christian to move the sofa for me my water broke. My dress was drenched with fluid, and the floor covered in it. I stood wide-eyed rubbing my belly while staring at the floor beneath me.  

" Christian my water broke" I mumbled 

He swiftly turned around and instantly panicked staring at the floor. 

" We have to get you to the hospital!" He said ushering me to sit  

" Oh no I'm not going anywhere I'm fine," I said walking to the kitchen