Chapter Seventeen

^
~MILAN~

It was a relief. Aaron had told Christian about my feelings now we were on the same page on how I felt towards him. As for Abraham, I had received several threatening texts and voice messages from him. It was bright and early 8:30 am sharp to be exact. I stepped out of the elevator and was walking to my office when I heard my name being called. I knew that today was going to be a bit awkward considering the fact that Christian now knows how I feel, and that the feelings are mutual. I stopped in my tracks and turned towards Christian who was calling me. My legs instantly buckled.

" Good morning Milan!" He smiled kissing me on the cheek

He's not here this early 

" Goodmorning?" I said with confusion

" I talked to Aaron yesterday" He says 

" I know, he told me"

" So you know?" He questions

" Yeah, so now we're on the same page" I say shyly 

He smiled and kissed my lips softly

" I bought you something" He said pulling me to his office 

I furrowed my eyebrows 

" I actually got you two things," He said

He pulled out a Tiffany's box and handed it to me. I opened it and there was a beautiful diamonds pendant necklace. I looked up at Christian who was smiling from ear to ear.

"It's beautiful" I whispered

He walked over to me and took the necklace out the box and latched it onto my neck. It was so beautiful. How did he know I loved Tiffany's jewelry?

" How did you know?" I asked

He smirked " Aaron told me you loved Tiffany's jewelry"

" Thank you," I said bringing him into a heated kiss. He was a bit startled by my actions but relaxed.

" I also bought breakfast" He smiled

" You really didn't have to do all this Christian"

" I know, but I did anyway" He winked

He pulled out a box of french toast and scones with two iced coffees. He seriously got me breakfast My insides were dancing with joy

" There, not Nutella pancakes, but I hope you like them" 

" I love them thank you"

I sat with Christian on the couch eating breakfast and talking about the most random things. I had four big assignments I needed to get done for the day, a lot of things I could do on my own but Christian made sure that I was always with a security guard. I was glad that things were normal now, and I was glad that he was protective of me.

" Christian, I don't need stupid security" I yelled

" Yes, you do" He said eating 

" Didn't you see me kick him in the balls" I shouted again

" I did, and it was kick-ass" he kissed my cheek

" S0?"

" So, it's not going to happen" He said seriously 

I rolled my eyes and practically stormed out of his office like a hormonal teenager. I could mentally see Christian smirking as I walked out. I was glad that our floor was only me and him no one had to see me act like a fool. I settled at my desk and began my work. I had to prepare a folder for a meeting, prepare a proposal for a new project, file papers, and annotate the files from yesterday. I started by filing papers in the basement. I walked to Christian's office grabbed the files and made my way to the basement with my security guard following behind me.