Chapter Eight

^
~Christian~

These past three months have been crazy with Milan, and it was partially my fault for how she reacted. I purposely made it difficult for her whether it was right or not. That woman had to ability to invade every person's mind with just her mere existence. It was something that I noticed just from sitting with her in a room full of people. Her aura drew everyone in. 

I looked at my watch and it was 5:00 pm. It has been a few hours since Milan and I went to lunch, and she had made it her goal for the remainder of the day to avoid me at all costs. Anytime I would ask for her to bring me a file to read she would just fax it to my printer totally ignoring the fact that I wanted her to bring it herself. I picked up another file from the stacks already on my desk and attempted to read the charts that were in front of me. Something as simple as reading files had now become an issue. I threw the file back on my desk and turned to admire the city of Boston. 

" Mr. Lloyd?" Milan called 

"Come in" I mumbled  

" I have finished all of my work for the day, is there anything else you need me to do?" She asks 

"That will be all for today, thank you" I smiled 

She nods and walks out of my office. She was absolutely beautiful yet she didn't know that I knew everything about her, and most of it was not because of the detective. She followed her work thoroughly and did the absolute best yet I made it harder for her. She wasn't even bothered by me liking her nor does she even remember me. Any women would have thrown themselves at me, but she laughed in my face. The day was slowly drawing to a close, and the best way to wrap this crazy day was to close it with a few drinks at the bar with Abraham. 

I grabbed my phone gathered my briefcase and walked out of Lloyd Industries. I waited for my driver outside the parking lot and noticed Milan standing waiting for a cab. I stood outside waiting staring at her. She had gained no success in trying to hail a cab. 

"Milan" I shout 

Her head swiftly turns to my direction, and her expression quickly changes 

Out of the fire and into the fire pan

"Milan" I shout again 

" Yes, Mr. Lloyd" She mumbles out of annoyance 

"You've been waiting out here for a while let me give you a ride" I offer

" No thank you I can manage on my own"  

"You're coming with me and that is an order" I demanded 

" With all due respect sir, we aren't at work anymore so I don't have to do anything." She rolls her eyes 

We stood having a staring battle till my driver finally arrived. Why is she so difficult?

" Milan if you won't get into the car I will forcefully put you into the car" I threaten 

"Would you just leave me alo_"

 " I'm giving you a ride" I say picking her up 

"Put me down, Christian" She shouts 

My name sounded so nice rolling off her tongue. I pushed her into the car and buckled her seatbelt. She sat glaring daggers at the side of my face while I laughed to myself. 

"Raphael please drive to Ms. Robinson's home" 

We sat in silence with anger and tension filling the air. 

" How did you get my address?" She asks

 " Oh wait I forgot you stalked me," She spoke sarcastically.