X

"You're hungry?" I asked Soo Jin softly.

By the time we reached our dorm, it was already 10:30 PM. Namjoon offered us to give a ride, but Soo Jin said she preferred walking at that time. Maybe she thought, somehow it would calm her wrecked mind a bit temporarily.
We didn't have our dinner yet. Just some couple of cups of coffee wouldn't keep us from starving all night long.

Soo Jin nodded quietly and slowly. I sighed. She still wasn't herself; as if a living corpse walking and responding only when someone asked anything.

"Freshen up yourself." I said with a little smile as I pushed her inside the bathroom of her room.

I quickly went up to my room, changed out of my clothes to some comfortable pajamas, removed my makeups quickly; I had to make the dinner too.

Then I rushed to the kitchen. I checked the kitchen cabinet- only some packets of spaghetti I found there. I let out a loud groan, as I didn't like noodles or anything of that sort but I didn't want a girl starving who just got heart broken today.

I was a decent cook. I cooked the spaghetti using all the appropriate ingredients from the refrigerator. The smell of fresh tomato sauce and rich olive oil mingled in the air and even the mouth of a noodle-hater like me watered up.

Even when I finished putting all the food and utensils on the table, still there was no sight of Soo Jin around me. I wiped off my wet hands on the hanging towel and went to her room.

I blinked.

There was no one in the room and sound of shower was still going on inside the bathroom. I walked up to the bathroom door quietly and put my ears on the door.

"Soo Jin-ah," I called out, quietly knocking on the door. There was no response; only the continuous sound of shower.

A little worry crept up inside my mind as I slowly touched the cold doorknob and turned it. "I'm coming in."

The door was unlocked. When I got inside, I saw her sitting on the floor with her back against the tiled wall, curled up in a ball. Crying.

The shower was on and her whole body was drenched under the falling cold water. Her petite body shook with the waves of her weeping while her head was hidden between her knees.

I quickly turned off the shower and went towards her quickly. I didn't say anything. I took the towel from the hanger and wrapped it around her fragile figure.

She was still shaking as I brought her inside the room. I took out some comfortable clothes from her closet and spread them out on the bed.

I dried her wet brown hair a little using the towel and while she just kept crying.
"Don't cry anymore." I said to her softly, wiping off her tears. She sniffled. "Change. Or you'll catch a cold."

She nodded weakly. I got out of the room.

_

I ate the spaghetti and either because of my famished stomach or maybe because it was me who made it, it tasted heavenly. I made a sound of satisfaction.

Soo Jin was sitting in front of me and thankfully, at least nibbling on the food. Her posture was slouched, unlike the other times when she ate anything I made happily. But, one good thing- her crying stopped.

"We could've had eat out tonight if it wasn't for that fucktard." I spat nonchalantly.

In my opinion, avoiding the big elephant in the room was never a solution. Emotions and feelings just get piled up inside the heart, making it heavier and heavier. And after a long time, it just bursts out at a wrong time, wrong place and in front of the wrong person.