VIII

We kissed until we lost our breathes. Our lips parted with a string of saliva in between, panting heavily.

I looked into his deep hazel eyes that stared at me longingly. "Do you know how many lives God gives a human?"

"No." He shook his head slightly with a very small smile on his lips. "Do you?"

"I don't know either," I leaned my head against his chest, inhaling his musky cologne that mingled the smell of cigarettes and well, him. "But I think, it's three."

"Why three?" I felt his chest vibrate under my head because of his talking.

I raised my head and pointed out one finger. "One, your first life is for making mistakes."

He looked at me amused.

I continued. "Two, your life is for unconscious self reflection and correcting your mistakes."

"Unconscious self reflection?" He chuckled. "Is that even a word?"

"I made it up." I shrugged. "And in your last life, you make the decision."

"The decision?"

"Yes. Whether you choose to live your mistakes or live a life without making your past mistakes."

"Sounds fair enough," He mumbled thoughtfully then looked at me curiously. "So, what do you think? Which life you are you living right now?"

"It's my first." I shrugged.

"What is your mistake?" He stared at me. I looked back at those deep green eyes that literally reflected my whole world, my reason of existence. I looked at the sliver piercing on his lower lips and reminded me how every time I bit it while kissing him.

"You." I said softly. "You are my biggest mistake in this life. And if I born again in my next life, I'd make the mistake again and again and again... And even when God finally gets tired of my pathetic ass, I will still choose you... even in my last life, even in my last chance, even in my last breathe."

He stares at me deeply. Even though, I stared at him I couldn't read what was going inside his, I never did.

"Even though you don't look like it, you are quite dramatic." He said closing his eyes and pressed my body against him even more. "And way too poetic."

Nuzzling myself even deeper into his chest, I inhaled his scent was again. "I know." I shrugged. "I know, I'm cringey."

.

All of sudden my eyes shot open and I jolted awake from my slumber. As soon as I raised my from the couch, I felt a stinging pain around my nape and neck. The kind of pain where when you turn left, you feel like you'll feel good if you turn right and when you turn right, you feel like turning left again.

I looked around myself. I was half lying in the white couch, my guiter and my notepad where I usually write my songs were on the couch like some abandoned children. I sighed. Looks like I fell asleep...

Memories of my past were not something I was really fond of but still every once in a while they come to haunt in my dreams because I never really forgot them. They were always buried inside your heart like a stone.

Though, I never believed memories had any power. Memories were just memories. Past was just past.

I got up from my place and went to the kitchen where Soo Jin greeted me with a sweet smile.