VII

It turned out Soo Jin was an ardent fan of BTS. She called herself an ARMY and seemed like a pretty loyal one at that.

"I still can't believe I will be working under the same company as BTS sunbaenims~" She chirped, all giddy. "I like it so sooo much!"

Glistening in sweat, I was practicing my dancing moves infront of the huge glass wall in the empty practice room. The movements of my reflection in the mirror didn't satisfy me as I kept going. Soo Jin was surprisingly good in dancing just like rapping, unlike my useless ass, so she was already done. That made me even more annoyed.

"Unnie," She called me and I responded with a 'hm', that's all she gets out of me most of the time, honestly. "Are you an army?"

I rolled my eyes at her wistful reflection who was sitting behind me on the floor.

"No."

"Why not??!" She exclaimed then she came beside me with her pink phone on his hand. "Look. Aren't they handsome? Huh, tell me! Can you ignore the the undeniable handsomeness they exude?!"

She shoved her phone on my phone as I stopped my practice with an annoyed groan to look at the pictures on the phone. Oblivious to my visible irritation, Soo Jin kept showing pictures of the members of BTS, one after another.

"Tell me. Can you ignore it? Are you really that unaffected knowing that we will be working under the same company? Doesn't your heart start to beat faster just by thinking that we will debut under the same company as them?? Are you really that cool, Faith unnie?!" She cried out.

By this time, I stopped looking at their photos and stared at the overly enthusiastic and obnoxious girl beside me in awe and somewhat annoyance.

How can someone like a band that much? Is that even possible?! She looks like a crazy person at this point!

"Yes. I'm that cool." With that cold reply, I shoved her face away from me and she looked like a child who just had her cookie stolen.

I completely ignored her relentless whining for the next one hour as I kept working on a specific move I couldn't get right.

To be honest, I was never really a big fan of anything in my life. My choices and preferences always change like a wheel from time to time. Sticking with a specific choice for a long time, as natural as it sounds to others, was never my style. But there were a couple of bands I really liked in my high school like Sex Pistols and Nirvana.

So naturally, you can't really expect me to like these type of flower boy kpop groups and bubblegum pop culture. They vastly differed from my style of music conceptually.

After another half an hour when I still couldn't get to master the whole choreography by heart, I told Soo Jin to go to the dorm before me. It was already dark and the building was almost empty. We will be living in a dorm together from now on since PD nim put us in a duo and it would have been easier if we went there together. But I couldn't go if I don't get the hang of the whole choreography by tomorrow so, I told Soo Jin that I will come later.

Soo Jin nagged for a while to stay with me and 'support and encourage me'- her words not mine, but then I told her that she would be only ruining my concentration and be a pain in the ass which she replied with a pout.

Then she bid me goodbye after all the protests and went away with a somber face.

I was alone in the room, practicing the dance moves all by myself. The music was playing loudly as I moved accordingly.

"Ugh, fuck it! I don't know anymore!!" I yelled out in frustration when I did the wrong move again, for the hundredth time this day. It was a relief that I was alone in the room, I could at least curse out loudly without having any one to look at me with sceptical eyes.