VI

The dance practice ended after straight five hours when the dance teacher was finally satisfied at the seven boys, glistening with sweat and panting heavily.

Taehyung plopped down, leaning his back to the glass wall as he sipped on his water bottle. His fair smooth skin and light brown hair glistened in sweat as he wiped off with his blue towel. Jimin came and sat down beside him too.

"This choreo is exhausting!" It was surprising for Jimin to say such thing as he was in the dance line of the team but the choreography really took their breaths out of them.

"Yeah." Taehyung agreed shortly.

Jimin turned to his brown haired friend beside him.

Taehyung was absent minded during the whole practice time. He didn't make much mistakes but Jimin knew him better than anyone. His eyes seemed lost and his expression was more unfathomable than usual. Even now, he was barely paying any attention to him.

"Taehyung-ah," Jimin said softly, putting a hand on his shoulder. Taehyung looked at him. "Is anything wrong? You can tell anything to me, you know."

Taehyung stared at him blankly for some time and Jimin almost thought that he was going to say something but in the end he didn't. He lightly shook his head and Jimin frowned. But he decided not to push anymore and give Taehyung some time.

"Okay, then. But if you ever feel like anything is bugging you, you can always talk to me." Jimin smiled at him, squinting his eyes.

Taehyung just nodded.

"By the way, what happened out there back then?" Jimin asked casually as he stared at other members, hoping to start a conversation to take things off of his friend's mind.

Jin was high today. The oldest one was continuously making dad jokes on everyone. Jhope and Jungkook smiled ever so slightly every once in a while and Yoongi and Namjoon just blatantly ignored the broad shouldered guy. Though this didn't lower Jin's enthusiasm one bit as he kept making jokes and laughing his famous window-wiping laughter.

"Where?" Taehyung asked as he didn't understand what Jimin meant.

"Back there, with PD nim and that new girl." Jimin replied. "I saw her glaring at you like no tomorrow. Damn, she had such scary eyes! Did you say anything to her? She seemed quite... pissed."

Taehyung remained silent for a while. "I didn't practically say anything. I just..."

"You what?"

"I... was just looking at her." Taehyung said softly. "I really didn't mean to stare like that but I don't know why, she seemed very... offended."

Jimin stared at his blank eyed friend beside him for a while. It was not very frequent when Taehyung talked about girls. Usually he just listened. In fact, he never had much girls in his life in the first place.

"Girls don't get offended if you just look at her." Jimin sneered playfully. "... Why were you staring anyway?"

"..."

"Well?"

"Well, she... seemed a bit... different." Taehyung said simply but hesitantly.

"You bet." Jimin sighed. "You don't really see that type of style in Korea. I know, you were probably just curious but girls tend to get cautious when people stare at them."

"But I didn't mean to..."

"I know you Tae. Of course, you didn't mean to." Jimin explained his friend who was looking at him with guilty eyes. "But she didn't know you. So, she misunderstood the situation probably."