(5) The Porsche

~Madeleine~

The green light above the elevator lights up as the numbers change; 10- 11- 12- 13- 14-15 and 16. The little bell rings and the doors open as we get in.

"So where are we going now?"

"Amber's house."

"What?... but I thought she was there with Landon."

"Don't worry we're not getting inside. I don't wanna witness their horny asses go off in the air."

"Great!"

I give him a threatening look.

"I meant great that we're not going to see it, not great that they're doing it."

"Ok now shut up!"

All of a sudden the elevator stumbles down and the lights start flickering making me fall on Cameron.

Cameron stares at me with widened blue eyes even brighter in the dark and pulls me closer into his strong chest wrapping his arms around me.

I shake them off, pushing him away; "Uummm... WHAT do you think you're doing?? Get your hands off of me."

"Nothing, I was just...."

I silence him with my index pressed to my lips; "Shhhhh..."

Then I look at the door; "Awesome! Just what we've been missing." I give a few taps on it;"Come on! COME OOON!

The lights go back to normal and the elevator starts back off.

I happily smile to myself.

"What is up to you? Are you magical or something?"

"More than you would think."

The elevator lets us out in the lobby and we get back to the car.

I pass another paper to Cameron; "Here is Amber's address." He starts driving.

...

"Ok now stop!" I order.

"Here?"

"Yeah......... Well, I don't see Amber's Porsche..."

"Why do you need her Porsche for?"

I ignore his question

"Why do you need her Porsche for?

"How many times are you going to ask me?"

"Well you didn't answer."

"I'm aware of that, I ignored you just fine the first time. No need to repeat yourself."

"Ouch, that hurts" He pressed his hand to his heart"

"Ok stop over dramatizing the situation and keep driving but slowly, we'll check in the back of the house."

"Jeeez Mad, you're so controlling!"

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Mad? You have the memory of a goldfish memory."

"I didn't forget, that's just what I like to call you."

"Well I don't care. You don't get too call me that."

"Is it just me or you don't like it when people call you that in general?"

"Just you!"

"So, I'm special?"

"You can comfort yourself however you want..." "Ok stop I see her Porsche!"

I run out of the car before he even has time to stop the car.