(4)The apartment

~Cameron~

After supper I went back to my room and waited for time to pass. At 11:15 I threw on some shorts, a hoodie and sneakers, took some cash, my phone and a flashlight just in case.

I snicked out of my room and opened my dad's drawer to take the keys and I than issued by our main door and locked it back after me.

I ran down the stairs into the garage and unlocked my dad's dark blue Tesla. I waited a while inside the car and drove out of the garage where Madeleine was waiting for me in a black hoodie, jeans and her Vans. She had a heavy looking backpack on her back and a paper in her hand.

She opens the door and sits in the front seat placing her backpack in the back. The car fills up with a delicate scent of Lilacs coming from her brown waves of hair locks that stop at the middle of her back.

"What's in the backpack?" I asked

"Everything we'll need to fulfill my vengeance plan.... or almost everything. Anyways, if we need anything else I have cash, we'll pass by the supermarket.

"Ok "I say suspiciously "Where are we going now?"

"To Landon's apartment" she hands me the peace of paper whit the address.

"Madeleine I'm not planning on getting by jaw broken by your ex-boyfriend in the middle of the night."

"He's not at his apartment, you pussy, he's at Amber's, besides if you two where to be in a fight he would differently be the one with the broken jaw."

A wide smile makes its way across my face.

"Now stop smiling like an Idiot and putt in the address, we have many things to do and no time to waste."

I put in the address from the paper she gave me into my phone's navigation app; "Ways" and start driving.

"Why wouldn't he be at his apartment?"

"Because, Amber's parents went away on vacation to the Maldives for two weeks and she has the whole house to herself and because I saw them leave together in Amber's Porsche."

"What did they do to inflict your anger upon themselves" I say in a smart sounding voice.

"Oh please!" She grimaces "Don't try being a smart ass." She marks a brief pause

"They betrayed me. Landon cheated on me with Amber, my best friend."

"Wow that sounds harsh"

"Yeah..."

I hear her mumble something else under her breath but don't bother asking her.

"So how did you found out?"

"I walked in on them making out in the bleachers."

"Did you talk to them?"

"I started cursing and almost ripped out Amber's hair out but Landon stopped me so I punched him in the jaw and started asking him how he could of have done this to me."

"And what did he say?"

"Nothing, he didn't even regret anything or felt bad. He just told be to give him back his hoodie and the spare key to his apartment he gave when we were dating."

"Asshole!"

She didn't say anything

"..And what about Amber, did she say anything in her defense?"

"Are you dumb ?-There's nothing that could justify her action. She didn't dare speak up and if she would, I would have definitely ripped all of her hair out before knocking her out."