Seven

Akeelah,

After Chris Dropped Me Off At His House, He Said He Was Going To His Brother's House For Sometime Which Left Me Alone In The House, He Had Already Given Me The Clothes He Bought For Me And I Was So Grateful, I Can't Remember When Last I Had New Cl...

After Chris Dropped Me Off At His House, He Said He Was Going To His Brother's House For Sometime Which Left Me Alone In The House, He Had Already Given Me The Clothes He Bought For Me And I Was So Grateful, I Can't Remember When Last I Had New Clothes, I Lived In The Streets For A Full Year I Got So Used To That Kind Of Life I Forgot What It Feels Like Having A Warm Home And Decent Clothes To Wear.

Chris Was Right, Instead Of Worrying About What I Don't Have And How Messy My Past Is, I Should Focus On The Positive Things. My Only Focus Right Now Is To Work On A Better Me And Gain Back The Love I Had For Myself That I Sadly Lost Over The Years.

After Taking A Much Needed Shower I Stepped Into This Cute Dress And Some Sandals, I Was So In Love With My New Stuff I Can't Wait To Wear All Of Them.

There Were Jeans, Skirts, Dresses, Shirts, Tank Tops, Bra, Panties, Few Pairs Of Sneakers, Sandals, Slippers Also Some Bathing Products, Perfumes, Soap, Lotion And More. I Don't Know How Chris Knew What To Get But I'm In Love With Everything Here.

After Getting Dressed I Went Downstairs, Chris Said I Should Take A Nap But I Didn't Really Feel Like It So Instead I Decided To Go To The Kitchen And Cook Dinner While He's Still Gone, I Opened The Fridge And There Was Literally Everything In There, I Bit My Bottom Lip Trying To Figure Out What On Earth I Was Gonna Cook. After Deciding I Took Everything I Was Gonna Need Placing It On The Countertop.

I Took A Whole Hour Cooking, When I Was Done I Cleaned Off The Mess I Made In The Kitchen Then Grabbed 2 Plates Sitting Them On The Counter, As I Was Switching Off The Stove I Heard The Door Open Followed By Chris' Voice.

"Yeah I Just Got Home, I'll FaceTime You Tomorrow With CJ.....Aight Love You Too Mama." He Sounded Like He Was Talking On The Phone.

A Minute Later He Walked Into The Kitchen Holding A Little Boy Who Looked So Much Like Him.

"Hey I Thought You'd Be Sleeping." He Placed The Boy Down On His Little Feet. "Damn, It Smells Nice."

"I Didn't Feel Like Sleeping So I Decided To Cook, It's My Way Of Saying Thank You. I Know Cooking Isn't Much But It's A Start."

"Akeelah, You Really Didn't Have To,."

"I Wanted To." I Smiled And He Returned The Smile.

I Watched As He Came Towards Me And Attempted To Open One Of The Pots But I Placed My Hand On His To Stop Him. "I Can't See What You Cooked?"

"Nope."

"Why Not?" He Raised His Eyebrows.

"Wash Your Hands First."

"I'm Not Dirty."

I Scoffed "You Could've Been Touching Your Nose For All We Know Or Something Else."