Pinwheels And Tangerines... Oh And Fishmen Causing Mass Destruction

Start from the beginning

"Your first time?" Sanji questioned.

"Yeah," the girl rubbed her neck bashfully. "I don't live near the ocean back home, so I never needed to learn."

"Don't live near the ocean?" Sanji said with curiosity. "The islands in East blue are all rather small. Not that I doubt your words my dear-"

"I'm not from East blue." Tani interrupted the blonde. Sanji blinked in shock, that couldn't be possible. Not unless you sailed through Reverse mountain.

"Tani... How did you join Luffy's crew?" she looked at him, considering what to say.

"I'm not really sure myself." she put her plate onto the crate beside her. "One minute, I was taking a nap in the middle of this secret bush hideout. The next I'm waking up in the middle of a ship deck, out in open waters." Sanji's visible eye widened. He didn't doubt her, the way she spoke was genuine. It's just-

"It turns out. I'd magically teleported? To a different world entirely." she held her hands together nervously. "I know almost nothing about the world I'm in right now." her voice was quiet. Sanji's heart ached for her, the fear in her voice was clear as day.

"But," that fear subsided, filled with a new emotion. "Luffy and the others. They've known me for less than a week." she looked out the window, staring at Luffy. The boy was pulling stupid faces with Yosaku. "They took me in, offered me a spot on their crew. I have no pirate-like talents, I can't fight well, or navigate, I've never sailed the ocean." she caught herself snickering.

"I did need to save Luffy from drowning, so I'm good at one thing." Tani held up one finger. Sanji wanted to speak, but she continued.

"For all they could have known. I'm some Jason Bourne style sleeper agent." Jason who now? "But they trust me. So I need to do my part, to learn everything I can about this new world."

This was a lot to take in. Tani knew this. Sanji's on the crew now, so he needed to know this eventually. Might as well spring the whole thing on him at once.

"Tani-"

"Woah! What's that?" Luffy shouted from outside. The pair turned to find a large shadow, dwarfing the front of the boat.

Whatever had just appeared in front of the boat, was causing rumbles in the water. Shaking the occupants around like rag dolls. Sanji grabbed Tani to stop her from falling over.

Together they made their way outside, to be met with the large face of a... Fish? Cow? Sea cow? Whatever it was! It was a large cow fish that looked like it wanted to eat the boat.

"Of course there's sea monsters!" Tani shouted, the boat wobbled as the Sea cow twisted it's neck. Letting out a guttural roar. Teeth on display for the occupants of the boat.

"It's gonna bite the boat!" Yosaku wailed. The cow threw it's jaw towards the boat, ready to get a mouthful of wooden decking and people.

What it didn't expect, was a rubber knuckle sandwich. A flavour so strong, the sea cow went flying into the distance.

Water crashed over the occupants of the boat. Tani groaned, shaking off her now drenched denim jacket. That was gonna take ages to dry off.

"Moo!" looks like the cow was back for seconds. Tani stared at the thing with irritation. Squeezing the water from her long, thick hair.

Luffy rolled his arm to deliver another five star fist a la punch. When Sanji held a hand up, halting the captain.

"Now, Luffy," Sanji sighed, spitting out his soaked cigarette. "Is that really anyway to treat something that's hungry?"