63

We walked through the school, everyone's eyes on us as we slouched through the halls dripping in puddle water and mud.

I smirked as Weatherbee lectured us in his office, before actually allowing us to go home early to get clean.

"This is what I've missed" Sweet Pea said as we walked home hand in hand. My eyes were looking up at his dreamily, as I thanked god we were back to normal.

"What?" I laughed.

"Goofing around, being teenagers. Not all this gang and feud shit" He grumbled.

"Serpents getting you down?" I asked curiously, squeezing his hand lightly.

"More than getting me down. Now Fangs has quit and there's no Toni, we're not a family anymore. Its all Jughead this and Jughead that" He almost growled in anger.

"Yeah... I need to talk to him. Dads having an effect on him I can tell" I rolled my eyes, resting my head against his arm.

"Well, it's not the same without Fangs, and they're making him do weird tasks for the 'gargoyles' or some weird shit" He said, and my heart dropped when he mentioned them.

"What!?" I asked stopping in my tracks, remembering the gargoyle masks that some of the ghoulies were wearing.

"Yeah... to prove his loyalty we're trying to find the gargoyle king but we need eyes on the inside apparently" He rolled his eyes, worrying for his best friend.

"They're the ghoulies, we need to warn Fangs" I said nervously.

"The ghoulies? We should have known" He shook his head and rubbed his chin as he thought.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"I have no idea, I guess we'll just have to make sure that Fangs gets invited to meet the 'king' and we all go with him" He shrugged, which actually sounded like a reasonable plan.

"They're dangerous, we need to make sure we have eyes on the situation at all times" I nodded, and he squeezed my hand in reassurance.

"Of course, don't worry" he smiled, kissing my forehead.

————————————————

"Fine" Fangs huffed, "But only to be back in the serpents I guess"

"Be careful, they're tactical but as long as you stick to what we said, you'll be fine" I assured and he nodded with a unconvincing smile.

We watched as Fangs disappeared into the thick darkness of the forest. I was beyond stressed to know that Fangs would be surrounded by ghoulies, but luckily we are all here to help him at the right moment.

A few moments later the small gang of serpents ran forward and began to attack the griffins and gargoyles freaks that plagued the town.

All I saw was the larger 'gargoyle king' being kicked over and falling to the ground with a thud, before the rest of the gargoyle mask-wearing men scurried away. It turns out that my dad was here too, and was wearing his sherif uniform as he unmasked the king in all his glory.

What we saw under the mask shook us all up immensely.

"Tall boy?" My dad spat, looking down at the ex serpent below him.

"So you're a cop now? The sherif huh, FP?" He scoffed.

"Get up" FP growled, pulling him up and cuffing his arms behind his back.

"No- we will keep him in the bunker, we could at least try and get something out of him before he goes down" Jughead suggested, and FP nodded in agreement.

We all went back to the bunker, everyone gathered around TallBoy to ensure that an escape wasn't possible.

"I can't believe it" I whispered to Sweet Pea, who gave me the same expression of shock that I possessed.

"Me neither, but I'm glad it's him. Always been a dick he deserves whatever he gets" He said, clenching his fists.

"True, So were going to take shifts of watching this scumbag now then?" I scoffed, and TallBoy must have heard me as he turned and gave me a scowl.

"Seems that way, unfortunately. Another one of your brothers grand ideas, I'm sure it will end amazingly" He said sarcastically.

"Oh god" I groaned, only imagining what will come of this whole situation.

"Why can't we just have a normal day?" He groaned.

"And they wonder why were depressed" I joked, sliding my hand into his which he immediately held tightly.

"We're getting better though, I can tell" He nodded, kissing the top of my head.

"I hope so" I smiled lightly, leaning my head against his arm.

——————————————

"Now what?" Fangs asked, throwing his gargoyle mask to the side as we all stood around the ex-serpent who was tied to a chair.

Dad had gone back to work, so our tiny group of teenage serpents were on watch duty. Watching for what, I wasn't sure. We could have sent him to jail and left him there without any worry of him escaping. But no, everything has to be complicated in Riverdale doesn't it?

I groaned and flung myself down on the bunker bed, pulling the pillow into my head for maximum comfort on the lumpy mattress.

"You staying the night?" Jughead asked.

"Well someone has to" I huffed, prepping myself up on one elbow.

"Not by yourself though, we can't leave her all night by herself right?" Fangs asked, yet still didn't offer to stay with me.

"Well I'll stay obviously, but I'll head home to grab some stuff and come back straight away" He nodded.

"Yeah, I'll come back too just to try and get him to talk" Jughead nodded towards the ladder, motioning for the three guys to go.

"You'll be okay?" Sweet Pea asked, "I'll be half an hour at the most" He leant down and planted a kiss on my lips before I gave him a nod.

He copied my nod before leaving me alone with the creepy guy. It was extremely awkward and the tension could be cut with a knife.

"You know... you might need something more than tape to tie me down" I heard TallBoy say in his husky voice from behind me.

My eyes widened and I turned to see him standing up, and he was walking towards me.

He did not look happy.