44

I opened the door instantly, seeing a silhouette leaning against another trailer.

Malachi.

When he saw me he made a heart with his hands and ran away quickly. My hand made its way to my cheek, to feel the heart shaped scar he had left.

"Sweet pea.." I said warily.

"Yes?" He asked nervously.

I couldn't even murmur a sentence, all I could do was shove the note to him.

He stared at the note in sheer disbelief, and it immediately crumpled under his strong grip. He suddenly threw it past me making me flinch, to which his harsh demeanour was quickly discarded.

Instead he walked over to me slowly, and scooped me into his arms.

"Don't worry babe, he's not laying a finger on you"

"I hope not" i sighed.

He pulled away, putting his finger under my chin and making me look at him.

"I promise" he said.

However his promise was fragile, and very near to broken.

——————————————————

We walked into school in the morning, people parting ways as usual to let us through. We were leant against my locker, momentarily chatting or commenting on some of the bulldogs, waiting until anything interesting happened. When nothing did, I decided to get ready for lesson, and actually retrieve the books that decorated the inside of my locker.

When I opened it however, a bunch of notes fell out, falling around my ankles and littering the floor. I looked up to sweet pea in shock, and all he could do was gulp.

I shakily picked one up, to reveal

"Serpent slut"

Written in red ink, or at least I hope it was ink.

I picked up another one, this one reading "dipper".

My breathing hitched as I realised who the culprit was. Malachi. He was in riverdale high.

I began to frantically pick them all up, reading every single one along the way.

"Slut" , "whore" ,

"princess"

A few stray tears fell down my cheeks, sweet pea stood desperately, scaring away the other students on the hall so we were alone.

"I'm going mad pea" I cried, shovelling the notes up and throwing them in my bag.

"Hey, stop! Don't take those" he ordered, grabbing my bag and emptying the contents into the trash. I slipped one quickly into my pocket, and proceeded to help him with the other ones.

"These are all scare techniques, you can't let him know that it's working" he attempted to calm me down.

"But why me? Why scare me? I just don't understand" I sighed.

"I don't know either, but it is you, so we need to stop them doing anything to you" he said, planting his hands on my shoulders.

I just nodded at him and cuddled into his arms, praying that whatever Malachi needed to say was scrawled on the inside of the note I took.

That day went too slow. At some point I swear I saw the clock tick backwards it felt that slow, but it was finally the end of the day and the whole gang was gathered at Toni's. I've even began riding my bike, and came over on it riding alongside Jug.

"So what's going on with Peabody?" My heart stung at the mention of my mother's name, however I had no sympathy towards whatever punishment she was given.

"We don't even know where she is, but Malachi is threatening Ally" Sweet Pea blurted out.

"What!?" Basically everyone shouted, sitting forward.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his chest, cursing his terrible secrecy.

"It's fine really, he's just messing with me" I tried to laugh it off, but the concerned faces of the remaining serpents made me guess that it wasn't fine.

"This is not fine Alana, he has direct ties to Penny, your mother!" Jughead exclaimed angrily.

"Ouch Jughead" I cringed, slumping back.

He just leaned over, pulling his hat off and pushing back his hair angrily.

"I'm sorry okay, but it's true. You're not safe"

"You know what, maybe I'm not! But is anyone else? Toni's a girl, she's not being babied by everyone" I stood up angrily.

"Alana-" sweet pea started, but I carried on.

"No. If I recall it wasn't just me that got taken by the ghoulies, basically all of us did, you're all treating me like I'm three and your child. Just because my best friend is dead, and my mom is a psychopath doesn't mean that I'm fucked up because of it" I seethed, looking at them all, who just sat there dumbfounded at the north side princess coming out of her shell.

"No Ally, but if I recall, you're the only one that got raped" Jughead shouted out of nowhere, getting in my face.

Everyone gasped and froze in shock, but I just stared at him in amazement. I scoffed in his face.

"Wow" I shook my head, grabbing my serpent jacket and shoving it into his chest.

"Thanks bro, I'm done"

I smiled sarcastically, barging past him and through the door.