55

"What? Sweet Pea-" I started, but started getting dragged back by the two buff men again.

I gave one last glance to my dad, who didn't even give me a reassuring smirk to tell me that it was all part of a plan. Why were they being so harsh? I couldn't even begin to think of an answer, and surely they don't believe that I did all of this to myself do they? The tattoo and the hair? Surely they know that I never wanted to be part of the ghoulies, they literally saw me get taken by her at the hospital.

This time I was shoved into a car, and the door was locked behind me. I needed to think of an escape route, and if the serpents weren't going to help with that then I need to think of another way. Another group of people that could solve problems and get people out of shitty situations. If only we had a group of teenagers that were good at solving mysteries. Please, note the sarcasm. But how could I possibly get in touch with Betty? Archie? I was even willing to try Veronica in this instance, but she'd be my last resort.

Eventually, without me even noticing someone enter the car, it rolled away and all I was left with was the burning words that sweet pea had said boring into my brain.

"You can keep her?"

Wow. Even if we had fallen out I wouldn't wish what I'd been through on anyone, not even Veronica and that's saying something.

"You good?" Malachi asked from the front of the car, so he was the one driving.

"Yeah. Actually I'm better than ever. I needed to know if they still wanted me, they don't. Now I can focus on you guys" I lied out of my front teeth, wanting to gip with every word as they were all making me feel sick to my stomach.

"Good, we're not that bad once you get to know us" He smirked, watching me through the mirror, scanning my features.

"We're back" He said when we rolled up to the Wyrm, and we hopped out and went in.

"So, it was a success! Dipper over here is officially ours" Penny grinned, and the rest of the gang clapped and whistled when I came closer to the group.

My face was completely covered in a look of sadness. Everything was one big blur of confusion. What have I done? I had to keep asking myself but no reasonable answer was mustering in my mind. Malachi's arm snaked around my waist, pulling him closer towards him. I just let him, as to be honest it felt quite nice, despite it being Malachi.

"So let's all celebrate, and get absolutely shit faced" Penny grinned, and the other guys raised their glasses with a chant.

So I'm really part of this gang now then, huh? I suppose it wasn't too bad, I mean it's not like I was being tortured or hurt. In all honesty it's better than being on the street, because based on the serpents reaction to me returning, they wouldn't be welcoming me back anytime soon.

Malachi spun me around and placed his hands on either side of the wall behind my head. He leaned down and pulled me into a passionate kiss. Strangely, my stomach began to do flips and the hairs on my arms stood up. Was I actually enjoying this? Apparently so, although I can't quite believe it. Maybe it was the sudden attention I was receiving, after all I hadn't even hugged anyone since the hospital, which was months ago, never mind had an intimate relationship like this. If Sweet Pea was so quick to 'give me up', then I think it's safe to say that we are not a couple anymore. I had so much anger built up about the situation that I couldn't care less at the moment, however I know that the sadness will hit soon.

"You're a ghoulie now... how do you feel, princess?" He asked, keeping his face close to mine.

"I don't know" I giggled, staring into his piercing eyes longingly.

I felt strange. He was such a handsome person, and at the moment he seemed so sweet and caring, whilst also being firm and assertive. However, I've seen and experienced first-hand what he can be like, and I don't know when that side of Malachi will be back.

"You're so beautiful, I love your hair" He smirked, pushing some behind my ear.

"Even the fringe?" I groaned, rolling my eyes up to the newly cut bangs.

"Especially the fringe" He nodded, placing his hand on my neck, rubbing his thumb over my serpent tattoo. He gave it an angered look, and continued to stare it out as though he were going to laser it from my skin with his eyes.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"Just the serpents, I cant believe what they said to you" He said.

"Aw is Malachi getting soft?" I joked, pushing my tongue into my cheek.

"No, they're just dicks. I knew it before but they didn't even try and help you, what the fuck" He scoffed.

I looked up at him with a sudden confidence that I didn't expect to arrive so soon.

"Well it's a good job that I don't want helping then isn't it?" I remarked, and he send me a smirk as if to say 'you're one of us', and in all honesty I don't mind.