32

"fangs isn't actually dead guys. i thought it would rile up the serpents, make them want a war which it did. and now it's my fault that you both got hurt" fp sighed, rubbing over his beard.

"what!? where is he?" i asked frantically, leaning on a crutch with one arm and using the other to quickly grab my jacket.

"he's at sweet peas" he trailed off.

"is he back too?" i asked, a smile beaming over my face.

"no, i'm sorry. he left the trailer for fangs" he said, a frown etching over his face.

"oh i see, but i guess i'll go see fangs" i put on a fake grin, hopping out of the trailer and towards sweet peas.

i bashed against the door with my crutch lazily and it opened almost instantly. i couldn't even react before i was pulled into a hug by the boy, which i quickly reciprocated.

"i really hope that this isn't your ghost right now" i laughed, beyond crying at the moment.

"god no, i'm here" he breathed happily.

"you know what i'm going to ask you" i scolded, pushing my way in.

"i seriously don't know where he is, he left me a note saying 'take the trailer, i won't be back for a while' i'm sorry ally" he sighed.

i huffed, throwing myself onto the couch.

"why does my life go from one bad thing to the other" i rubbed my hand over my face.

"well if it makes you feel any better i was dead yesterday so?" he laughed, but i saw the pain in his eyes as the movement hurt his gunshot.

"look at us all, we're all crippled" i giggled.

"i think you're a bit worse off than me, although i did get shot" he laughed.

"no really, i'd rather have been shot" i forced out a chuckle, trying to joke about it.

"why what happened?" he asked, plopping down next to me and handing me a beer.

"they basically tortured and raped me so i'd have taken the gunshot any day" i gulped my beer and waited for his reaction.

"oh ally, i'm sorry. is that why you have a love heart on your cheek?" he asked, rubbing his thumb over the scar.

i nodded warily and took another large mouthful, not even liking the taste but knowing it would numb some pain.

"you do realise we are going looking for sweet pea. i don't care how crippled we are" i scoffed, changing the subject.

"nope definitely not!" he argued.

"i need to know where he is fangs, he's my boyfriend" i said as though it wasn't obvious.

"i know but he's done this for a reason, leave it okay" he argued back.

"whatever" i rolled my eyes.

——————————————————

first day back at school.

first day facing reality.

everybody knew now. about every detail from riot night.

like i said, things travel fast in riverdale.

my crutches carried me to my lesson, which i zoned out for all the way through. i'd check my phone every hour, hoping to see a notification from sweet pea. but it never came.

it had been five days, and no answer or even a call could be found. i didn't know whether we'd broken up or he'd just disappeared.

my day consisted of hello's from random people, probably so they can tell their friends that they spoke to the girl that got raped by ghoulies. also lots of sympathy looks. and i mean lots.

"i'm walking you home" jughead said patting my shoulder.

"what about your bike?" i asked, confused.

"oh shoot yeah, i'll get fangs to ride it home, his mom won't let him ride his but he really wants to, so i guess it's a win win" he smirked.

"yeah sure" i smiled, zoning out again as i texted sweet pea for the hundredth time.

"hey ally? give him time, he obviously needs it"

"everyone keeps on saying that but what about what i need? i know that's selfish but it's true and at the moment i want nothing more than to see my boyfriend" i huffed, slamming my locker shut with my elbow, pulling myself away with my crutches.

no tears left my eyes, not even blurred my vision. i was getting stronger, but it felt like i was emotionless. there are times when crying is a good way to relieve yourself of sadness. i wish i could cry right now.

not even caring that i had half a day left, i hopped out of the school, the pressure on my ribs causing excruciating pain as i swiftly exited the building.

i heard loud footsteps and rolled my eyes, knowing that it was just jughead chasing me. however when a soft hand placed itself on my shoulder, i knew i was mistaken.

"ally i'm ditching with you" toni stated, nodding.

i shrugged and continued my 'walk' to the wyrm, hoping to find any leverage on the sweet pea situation.

"we aren't going to find him. i've tried everywhere. when i thought fangs was dead, and you and jug were in the hospital... there was only me and sweet pea. he got so upset, not only had he supposedly lost his best friend, he had to watch whilst you laid in a hospital bed. something he thinks he could have prevented" she shook her head, knowing he was wrong.

"oh i see" i sighed, thinking back to the boring days spent lying alone in that damn hospital.

"but he'll be back soon" she started, "i know it"