Part 8

TONY

Shuri works quicker than I can keep up with. She explains as she goes along, but I'm hardly any help to her at all. She takes tests from Peter's blood, comparing it with that of mine and hers. She works through things I've never heard of before.
'So these bullets are definitely the same he was shot with?' She asks, inspecting the bullets I confiscated from the people who attacked Peter. They're all in integration, attempting to find out how they got such weapons.
'Definitely.' I say.
'Goggles.' She says. I pass a pair to her and put my own on as she adds the bullet to a boiling glass of acid. It splits clearly into two different components - a liquid metal, and a blue fluid that goes to the top of the bottle.
Shuri extracts the blue and deposits it to another flask.
'So this is what is harming him. The bullet itself is nothing - he'd recover in an hour or so from a bullet wound. This stuff is poison specific to him. However, it looks like a prototype; it's a tester, whilst side effects are immediate, it's not fatal for a couple hours after. The real thing - I mean, if this is properly addressed- could kill Peter as a real bullet would kill someone.' She explains, inspecting the blue liquid under a magnifying glass.
'It basically cancels out his healing factor.' She says.
'So, What does this mean? For right now? For saving Peter?' I ask, unable to not get a little impatient.
'Don't worry.' She says, looking to me, 'he'll be okay. He needs a blood donation, but it seems we're the same type.'
'It might take a couple days to get enough blood,' She continues, 'but we effectively have to dilute it. We get what we can from me today, and give it to Peter. And then, once he's more stable, we have to make it so that there's more blood that isn't poisoned than that which is. Once it's outnumbered, Peter's body should take control again.'
'That's...are you sure?' I ask, watching as she steps back and practically downs her third cup of coffee of the day.
'Trust me, Tony.' She says, 'I trust you have enough equipment here to safely take blood from me?'
'I...yeah.' I say, getting all I need. Whilst I'm hesitant to so willingly trust Shuri and her methods, Peter's life is on the line. And I have no other plan, 'this might hurt.'