Part 6

PEPPER

Tony calls me an hour after he told me he'd be home. Whilst this wouldn't normally be grounds to panic on, the last ten years with Tony have made me incredibly paranoid. Every second he doesn't come home I assume the worst.
'Are you okay? Where are you? I called your office they couldn't get a hold of you.' I say, my voice rushing out.
'I'm sorry, I should have called. Peter was shot.' He says.
'Is He Okay? I thought he could heal?' I ask, sitting down on the sofa.
'I don't know. I tried to do what I could, but everything I did seemed to make it worse. I panicked, I bought out the prototype freezer I was working on. I figured...I figured we might be able to find something? To help him?' His voice is weak and panicked. I can hear the concern in his voice.
'Have you called anyone?' I ask, knowing that, whilst Tony is normally good in a stressful situation, anything to do with Peter and any harm that might come to him is his weakness.
'Not yet, no.' He says after a moment.
'Okay, call Bruce back, then try to find out as much as you can about the people Peter was fighting, who shot him, whether they were caught, whether they have their weapons in holding. Okay?' I instruct.
'Yeah, Okay.' He says.
'I'm going to call T'Challa. Their technology is far ahead of ours, maybe he can send someone over to help us.' I say.
'Alright.' He says, half distracted, but pulling himself together.
'Where are you? I'm coming over after I've made the call.' I say.
'Top floor. Be safe.' He says and I hang up.
I gather my thoughts for a moment and then dial T'Challa. He gave me his number for emergencies, but he seemed sincere - if I needed help, he would provide it. It rings for a moment.
'Ms.Potts.' He answers in a deep voice, 'what do I owe this pleasure?'
'We need help.' I reply.