Part 7

SHURI

I touchdown in America, a private airport close to Queens. I have to wait in the plane as they run everything through security - apparently I am conciseness high risk.
It takes about half an hour before the doors are opened and blinding light comes into the plain.
'Right.' I say, putting on my sunglasses as I step out the plain, 'where next?'
I'm taken to a car with blacked out windows. The driver is fairly big, with short brown hair and black shades.
'Princess Shuri?' He asks.
'Uhuh.' I say, hesitant.
'I'm Happy, Tony sent me to pick you up.' He says, opening the door for me.
'Cool. Thank you.' I say, stepping into the car. He shuts the door behind me and gets into the driver seat. He's silent for a while, but I lean forward to look thorough the front window.
'So what's the deal?' I ask, 'how's it all going?'
'I don't have that information.' He replies. He seems as though he'd be nice if he weren't in a work situation. I lean back in my seat, exhausted from the flight and bored from the lack of human contact.
Happy catches my eyes in the mirror.
'Good flight?' He asks. I appreciate his attempt at conversation.
'Long.' I say, 'and I only had an hour to get ready. I was told it was an emergency, I'd be updated on the plane. But of course, nothing came through.' I say, annoyed.
'So you haven't been able to prepare?' He asks.
'Not at all.' I say, 'It's okay. I'll manage.'
'Tony's looking forward to meeting you. He's said he wanted to for a while. Too bad it's in such a dire situation.' He says to my surprise.
'He wanted to meet me?' I ask.
'Oh, sure. Ever since Bruce came back singing your praises. You really just shot down their greatest achievement.' He says.
'You mean Vision?' I ask, 'I didn't...I guess...'
He laughs a little, 'don't worry kid, he loves when people prove him wrong.'
I stay quiet, unconvinced.
'So you think you can help Peter?' He asks, 'he's annoying but he's a good kid. His aunt's worried sick and so is Tony.'
'I'll do all I can.' I say, 'so Peter...that's Spider-Man?'
'More like spider-boy. He's around your age.' He says, 'but yeah, same guy. Peter Parker. Tony says you're allowed to know his details, but it's purely confidential. He's still got a secret identity.'
'Of course.' I say.
We arrive swiftly at Stark tower. Happy opens my door for me and leads me into the building. We get though easily. Happy, it seems, has unquestioned access to everywhere.
We step into the lift and go all the way up to the top floor. The doors open and I instantly see Tony standing above a table, paper scattered around him.
'Tony.' Happy says. He doesn't turn at first. He shakes Tony's shoulder and he flinched. But he's aware of us now.
'Hey, Hi! Shuri. Hey.' He says, walking towards me and shaking my hand, 'thank you for coming.'
'Of course.' I say.
'Alright, so. I'll get you updated.' He says, leading me over to his desk. I take a deep breathe and prepare for an intense couple of days.