Episode two: Peter...?

Start from the beginning

''exile?"

"Well, I've tried to kill you. I've tried to curse you, and none of its worked." Regina admitted frankly with an elegant shrug. "But then I realized I was going about it all wrong. You need to be alive. You need to be awake." Regina lips twisted in malicious pleasure. "So you can spend all your days knowing that I've taken everything that was supposed to be yours." Taking a step back, the evil queen raised her voice, hazing pointedly at the cowering villagers. "Now, get on your knees and swear on your father's grave that this kingdom belongs to me."

"And if I don't?"

"Well, then someone will pay the price." Extending a hand, she reached out for the nearest cowering peasant. A cloaked figure was drawn into the clearing, feet scrapping against the ground and hands at their throat. When Snow White didn't charge her as expected, Regina increased the pressure on the peasant's throat, startled when the figure ripped themselves from her magical grip. "What the ..."

A slim, gloved hand rose, sending a burst of magical energy at the Evil Queen, though it did little more than ruffle her gown and hair. Taken aback, Regina could only watch as the figure drew the hood of her cloak down. Though she had never met the young sorceress who had once been under Rumpelstiltskin's care, she'd seen enough of the portraits said Dark One possessed of the girl to know her when she saw her.

"The dark Lilith, I assume?"

"Regina." Lilith returned evenly, eyes gleaming a violent shade of red. "So nice to finally put a face to a name."

"Likewise." Lips pursing, Regina let her attention flick between the coiled teenager and her brat of a step-daughter. "What brings the apprentice of the Dark One to my humble kingdom?"

"Assistant, actually. And I'm here to fulfill my end of a bargain Charming struck with Rumple." Bowing with a mocking flourish, Lilith eyed the evil queen. "You would understand, of course." 

"I see." Her eyes went to Snow White and she sneered. "Next time, Lilith won't be here to protect your precious subjects, my dear. You have until sundown tomorrow to give up the throne. And for every day that you defy me, I will kill one of your loyal subjects." 

"Stop denying who you are, Snow White." Regina told the former princess imperiously, drawing herself to her full height. She took malicious pleasure in the way Snow White's face seemed to collapse in despair with every word. "You may have been a princess, but you will never be a queen.'' 

--------Once upon a time--------

Following David's suggestion, though she didn't like it, Emma joined the others in setting up camp in the middle of a small clearing. Though exhausted, Emma found sleep eluding her, even as the others fell asleep and the fire burned down to hot embers. Groaning softly to herself, Emma tossed and turned beneath the thin, scratchy blanket Hook had produced from the crew quarters on the Jolly Roger.

As she turned onto her side once more, she stiffened as the faint sound of children crying echoed around the clearing. Immediately on alert, Emma tossed her blanket aside, rose to a crouch and grabbed hold of the blade Hook had given her. Eyes darting around, she hissed to her slumbering parents. "Guys, wake up!"

When they failed to even stir, Emma quickly decided, with a black scowl, to check out the source of the sound herself and crept into the nearby jungle. Brow creased in confusion when the sound of crying remained steady even as she went further and further into the trees. So intent upon finding the source of the noise, her heart nearly leaped from her chest when a bored voice sounded from behind her.