chapter fourteen

"We'll be outlaws.
Partners in crime.

We'll take on the world together.
I'm Bonnie you can be Clyde."

"Five, it's all a dead end." By now, it was dark, the road was empty and Luther has gone.

"It can't be," He sighs, looking at me. "He hasn't come out."

"Maybe there's like a back door or something." I shrugged as he squinted his eyes at me as I gave him a vibrant smile.

"You're always so cheery all the time." He says as I scoffed sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said as I acted offended.

"You're always cracking jokes and laughing at everything you see." Then my smile turned into a smirk I slowly grabbed my knife from my strap as I held it up.

"Yet, what's my body count?" I asked, innocently. He only shakes his head, smirking as he looks away.

"And it still surprises me when you do stuff like that." I can only chuckle and put away my knife.

"I'm not always happy and cheery, Five," I said as he nodded. "I'm not all let's kill either." I sighed as his smirk disappeared.

"I know," And we sat there waiting for practically nothing. Or so I thought. "You don't have to tell me that." Five says out of nowhere as my head snapped at his direction.

"What?" I said softly as he looked at me then at the back of the van to see a Delores on the floor. "Oh." I say as he rolled his eyes at the mannequin.

"You don't have to tell me that. We know there are six days left," He looks away back at the Meritech as I got comfortable. "Yes, we. Meaning me and Alina. Not that difficult," He says as I raised my eyebrows, intrigued in what could their conversation possible be. "Yeah, you got a better idea?"

"Why don't we calm down and not argue with a doll?" I suggest as he glares at me. I look over to the Meritech as I see a man coming out of the building, holding a briefcase. "Five." I said, pointing at the building.

"There's our guy," We watched him wait outside as a car pulled up next to him. He walks towards the car to put the briefcase at the back of the car only to leave me and Five confused. "What the hell is he up to?" As the car drove away, the man started to walk away.

"Here." I say to Five, handing him my knife. I watched him take the knife as he smirked.

"You read my mind."

As we watch the man drop off his dog in the backseat, we got ready to teleport. Before the man could fully go inside his car, we warped into the car with Five being in the passenger seat and me in the backseat.

The man turns around to meet Five's eye.

"Oh, Jesus!" He gasps as he then sees me. I pet the dog quietly as it stopped barking, causing me to smile. Then all of a sudden, Five takes the knife to the man's throat, threatening his life.

"One chance. That's all you've got." Five tells him as I smirked.

"Cute dog, what's its' name?"

"One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I was just ignored.

"I- I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients," He blurts out as I stopped petting the dog, intrigued. "I bill the insurance company and then sell them for cash on the black market."