chapter three

"Now my body and

mind are so distant."

"That's a cute picture of you." I joked, pointing at the huge picture above the fireplace as I plopped down onto one of the couches, lazily. Five only glared at me, putting both of his hands in his pockets. I smirked, fixing the blazer on me as he just stared. Before I knew it, Vanya came in as I sat up properly as quickly as possible.

Five turned towards her saying, "It's nice to know dad didn't forget about me," Vanya came towards him as I just watched in silence, afraid to speak. "I read your book, by the way. Alina found it in a library that was still standing," They both looked at me as I smiled. Five starts walking and looking around as Vanya and I just looked at him. "Thought it was pretty good, all things considered," He continued as I scoffed, knowing there was more to come. "Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets," He turned to her. "Sure that went over well." And there it is.

"They hate me."

"Oh, there are worse things that can happen." Five replies as I stood up, walking behind him.

"You mean like what happened to Ben?" Vanya asked as I stood there in confusion.

"Was it bad?" Vanya just nods. Ben was the other brother that died during a mission. My stomach sunk as I felt heavy and disgusting. The room now felt eerie and melancholy. And that's how we left it.

As we all walked out with our umbrellas out, this was my chance to look around. There I saw a statue of their other brother who I would have loved to meet. I look over to Five who was already looking at me. I gave him a sympathetic smile as he just turned away.

"Did something happen?" Their mom asked.

"Dad died, remember?" Allison replied as I tilted my head. The rain just made the whole tone of everything worse.

"Oh. Yes, of course."

"Is mom okay?" Allison asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge." Five told me about their mom. The one their dad made. Then Pogo came in. Who I met earlier when Five and I were downstairs talking to Vanya. He seemed like a sweetheart that wants nothing but the children to be safe.

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy." He says to Luther as he got more soaked by the minute. He pours the ashes into the floor as I looked at Klaus just to see a disgusted face.

"Probably would have been better with some wind." Luther spoke.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asks the six siblings. Nobody spoke. Nobody made a dying sound. "Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master... And my friend. And I shall miss him very much," Pogo mourns as I looked down to my feet. "He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster," Diego cut him off as Klaus laughs. I frowned at his comment, knowing that his own adoptive dad pained him and I understood that. "He was a bad person, and a worse father," That stung. "The world's better off without him."

"Diego!" Allison hissed.

"My name is Number Two. You know why?" He looks at me. "Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names," Then he shifts his eyes to their mom. "He had mom do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Their mom said with no context.

"No, it's okay mom." Vanya gave her a small smile.