chapter eleven

"Would you be honest babe if
I said the words 'do you love me?'

for a moment or is this
just wandering romance?"

I woke up today in an unusual feeling.

It surely wasn't bad, but it was unusual. After my uncle died, I shouldn't be feeling this way. After I got two stitches in the last two days, I shouldn't be feeling this way.

But I was.

Because today I woke up next to the one person I had left, and I felt lucky. I felt like I deserved a break. And Number Five was my break.

It may be difficult because he wasn't the easiest to work with. But I adapted and got used it. I realized that he's like this for a reason. He also adapted. He started to become nicer and started to care. He wanted the best for me and I wanted the best for him. And I appreciate him so much for all he has done. Without him, I wouldn't be laying down next to him right now.

The apocalypse is coming and I now have one reason to save the world. Which was him.

With just one tiny movement, Five's eye fluttered open, directly watching me. I gave a cocky smile knowing that he was going to regret being this close to me later on. He only stared at me with tired eyes as he slowly moves his head up.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked with his morning voice as I shrugged, not giving an answer. "Mhm." He smirks.

"What?" I asked, smiling as he plopped his head down to the bed.

"We got shit to do today." He reminds me, ruining my mood.

"Right." I sighed as he looks at me, confused.

"Actually, I want you to stay so you can rest," He tells me as I shake my head no. "Please, Al," It was still a no from me. "Can you even walk?" He asked as I rolled my eyes. I then teleport next to his wardrobe, stumbling a bit as I showed him that I was perfectly fine. "Walk." He smirks at me as he sits up, watching me. I then started to walk feeling little stings on my thighs, but it wasn't anything major. I give him a winning smile as his smirk turned to a soft smile.

"See," I tell him as he only shrugged. "Now, will you let me come?" I asked as he shook his head. "Why not!"

"Because I know that that still hurts," He points at my thighs. "And that you're still coping." He then reminds me.

"I'm perfectly fine! See!" I give him a toothy smile as he frowned.

"You need to rest, Alina."

"No, please, Five." I beg, not wanting to stay home.

"Fine," He finally gives in as I gave him the biggest smile. "But no running around," He says as if I was his child. I rolled my eyes as turned around to his wardrobe, opening it. "Hey," He says as I turned around raising my eyebrows. "I'm sorry for not being able to go get your clothes yesterday."

"It's whatever, honestly," I say as I grabbed an extra blazer, plopping it down his bed as he slowly laid back down, resting on his hand. I then look down, forgetting I had to wear an oversized shirt Five found around the house over my underwear. He realizes what I saw as he gives me a smirk. "What?" I asked as he shook his head, slowly. "Where's my skirt?" I asked him as he pointed at the wardrobe. I turned around to see my skirt and shirt on a hanger at the back of the wardrobe as I took it.

I then put my skirt on as Five only watched.

"Turn." I tell him as he frowned at me.

"Aw, why!" He whines as I rolled my eyes.

"I said, turn." I coldly said as he smirked.

"You act like it's the first time I'm gonna see you naked." He says, sitting up and turning around. My eyes widened as I threw my only shirt at him, making him chuckle. He only teleports next to me, handing me my shirt as he also grabbed a set of clothes from his wardrobe. He smiles at me as he teleports out of the room completely, giving me time to change.

As I walked downstairs to look for Five, I see Pogo in the kitchen I greet him as he smiled at me.

"You have been good for Number Five." He tells me as I tilt my head to the side.

"Excuse me?" I chuckled.

"He's really happy with you," He tells me as I listened so carefully, wanting all his words to be true. "Were you guys in love?"

"No, nothing like that. He's my best friend." I lied.

"You're telling me that you weren't in love with him?" He asked me as I shrugged. "I've made my point."

"I really had no choice," I tell him as he gave me a confused look. "When you're alone for that many years and you have nobody, you're just stuck with really loving yourself. And when you can't love yourself anymore, it's so lonely. It feels like shit- sorry. But it truly does. And when I saw Five again, I didn't have much of a choice. When you don't love somebody, your humanity gets taken away from you. When you have nobody to love, it feels so freakin' alone. And that is what the end of the world truly is," I explained to him as he gave me one nod. "Of course, I was in love with Number Five, he was good to me."

"Right." Pogo only said.

"Alina," I hear behind me as I turned around to see Five, walking up to me. "I've been looking everywhere for you." He chuckles, saying hi to Pogo.

"Yeah, I'm here." I tell him as I only looked at him like I had just seen a ghost. We both start walking slowly to the living room as he just stared at me.

"You seem out of it?" He asked me as I shook my head. "What's wrong?" He asked me as I shrugged. "No, Alina, you gotta tell me." He tells me as I faced him.

"I swear, nothing is wrong." I smiled.

[just a little cute chapter ig]