Chapter 6

I woke up in my dressing room. I was laying on a bench. I sat up but felt a very intense pain on my ribs.

"I lost" I muttered.

"Yeah, you did" said Don. He was sat down on the bench right beside me. We were the only one in the dressing room. Thank god. "You put up a good fight. I think you broke his jaw with that uppercut."

"And still he knocked me out."

"It's ok, kid. You did everything you could. This isn't the end. We'll go back to LA, you'll keep training and after your wounds heal and you win a few more fights we'll go again for the title."

"Ok" I muttered, still looking to the floor. I had a towel on my head so he couldn't see my face. I was ashamed of myself after this humiliating loss.

Suddenly the door opened and someone stepped into the room.

"How are you Josh?" that was Mike.

"I'm ok" I said.

"Listen, this isn't your end ok? You'll return to the ring. Rest five months or so, all the time you need. You can rest now mate. Heal and improve ok?"

"Ok Mike." I was too tired to speak now. All I wanted to do is to go home and sleep. I'd like to see my friends. Even if I won't talk to them, I'd like to know that they're here with me.

"Hey Mike."

"Yeah?"

"Could you bring my friends here? I'd like to see them."

"Of course kid." he said as he leaved the dressing room. Every time the door opened I could hear people shouting and asking questions about me or about the fight. Couldn't they leave me alone?

Kendall's POV

"Holy shit" muttered Zayn when we saw how Josh fell to the ground unconscious.

All of us thought could win the fight. He punched that guy very hard in the jaw and Josh started fighting back. But in the moment they both stopped in the center of the ring his rival punched so hard he knocked him out.

People started to climb up to the ring. Many of them were surrounding Josh. We could only see how they put him on a stretcher and took him to his dressing room.

His agent Mike came a few minutes later. He told us to follow him to Josh's dressing room and said that he wanted to see us.

All of us entered the dressing room. There we found Josh sitting down on a bench with a towel covering his head. Next to him was his coach, I think his name is Don.

"Josh, are you ok?" said Cara, sitting next to him and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, it's ok" he said, not even looking us.

It caught my attention that Taylor didn't say a word. She didn't hug him even though we all thought she was the most worried about him.

"This fight was meant to happen" he suddenly said, still staring at the floor. "No matter what I could have did wrong, what I could have did right. It was all supposed to happen the way it did."

"It's ok, kid. You did everything you had. You'll fight again. Now come on, we have to go the hospital." His coach said.

Josh couldn't stand up by himself so his coach and Zayn helped him to go to the bathroom.

He stayed there for half an hour and then came out with his regular clothes. Now we could see his face. He had many bruises and he had a cut on his left eyebrow.

When we left the stadium it was full of paparazzi asking how we were and more questions about our private life. They didn't even care about Josh, I hate those people.

Don took Josh to the hospital and told us to leave him alone for a few days because he needed some space to accept the loss.

Josh's POV

The next day I woke up at 3 pm. Last night the doctor said I didn't break any bone but that I should rest a few weeks minimum. I went to the bathroom with difficulty and even peeing hurt.

I sat down on my couch. I didn't want to watch TV so I just sat there in silence.

I looked at my phone and saw that Taylor texted me asking me if she could come over. I told her that she could come and half an hour later entered my apartment.

"Hey Josh, how are you?" she said after she gave me a quick hug.

"I'm good." I wasn't in the mood to stand her right now. I know I said that I liked her a lot, but that was before she started acting as if she didn't really care about me.

"I have something to tell you Josh. After all that has happened, I think I would be better if we stay as friends." Wow, that was a surprise.

"What do you mean?" I wasn't really angry. Just surprised she decided to do this now.

"I want to break up." No shit.

"I know you want to break up. I want to know why you want to break up with me now when it you were the one who basically started this relation."

"Well, it wasn't really my idea. My agent told me that you were like a future boxing star and that if I dated you and you became champion my popularity would increase drastically."

"Are you kidding me?" Is she kidding me?

"It's not that big deal. Just a PR stunt. They are very common."

"Well I suppose that normally the two people involved in the relationship know they are in a fake relationship. Not only one."

"I imagined you wouldn't agree to all this"

"Of course I wouldn't. Do you think that the only thing I want is fame?" Now I was angry. Not only I've been humiliated by Canelo in front of millions of people but now my 'girlfriend' is breaking up with me because I'm not famous enough the day after the fight.

"Is all everyone wants. Kendall, Bella, Gigi... all of them had at least one PR relationship."

"Leave." I told her.

"Really? You're going to act like a five year old child?" Now I am the immature?

"Leave!" I shouted. I wasn't in the mood for this.

She stormed out of the apartment.

Now I have to pack my things. My flight takes off in five hours. I'm going back to LA. Back to my house. It's a pity. I won't be able to see Cara that much. She lives in New York, the others though live in LA, but they are staying her for another week because of work. Some fashion stuff.

When I finished packing I looked at my phone and saw that I had missed calls from Kendall, Cara, Zayn, Gigi and Bella.

They knew I was going back to LA the day after the fight. I suppose they wanted to say their goodbyes but the only thing I wanted to do was to lie down on my own bed and sleep for days. That way I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. To say that I was ashamed was little. After training for two months I wasn't even close to win that fight. How was I supposed to be the world champion?