It's All In Your Head

When the boy awoke, he was curled in a ball on his front lawn.
Blades of pungent, wet grass stuck to his bare legs and grey dawn light beamed down upon him.
He shivered as cold nipped at his bare skin.
Confusion gave way to recognition as Tweek recalled his petrifing expirience, only hours earlier.
The blond wondered how he'd managed to let himself fall sleep after the night he had endured.
Mental breakdowns are exhausting, he noted.
The boy rolled onto his back and let out an exaggerated sigh.
He watched as mist swirled from his mouth and disappear into the frosty morning air.
At this early hour, the town was quiet. Besides himself, there wasn't a soul about and the only noise came from chirping birds, chattering squirrels and rustling trees.
If only South Park was always so peaceful.
Tweek's moment of peace was broken upon remembering that this morning brought the beginning of a new week.
In other words, today was Monday, meaning, starting today, the tired boy would be forced to suffer yet another week of school.
Today is going to be a long and shitty day, Tweek decided prematurely.

"Sorry I missed your calls last night. Is everything okay?" Craig demanded when Tweek arrived at school, later than usual.
"I'm fine," the blond uttered curtly.
His hair, looking more chaotic than usual, fluttered in the cool mountain breeze.
"Tweek?" Craig frowned, "Talk to me, honey."
Tweek's eyelids drooped and he stifled a yawn, before kicking the earth with heavy, black, work boots.
Emotion momentarily blazed inside the boy's chest, threatening to overwhelm the boy.
He wanted more than anything to cuddle up with his boyfriend and confess all that had happened.
He wished for Craig to make all his fears vanish and tell him that everything would be okay.
He longed to be rescued from his situation as if he were a princess in distress and Craig a noble knight.
However, Tweek couldn't form the words needed to describe the anguish which plagued him.
He felt utterly helpless and ever so perplexed.
What was the monster and why did it choose to hurt and harass him?
Tweek blinked away the stinging tears that were beggining to gloss over his vibrant eyes.
The boy's nose flared as he took in a shuddering breath and he shook his head in defeat.
"I'll talk to you later. I've got math," Tweek croaked, his tone hollow and void of emotion.
Not once had he met Craig's eyes, as he could not bare to face the concern that he knew would be swirling within the depths of those blue pools.
He hoped Craig wouldn't be hurt by his silence.
Head hanging low, Tweek trudged to class.

I don't have the patience or energy to put up with this today.
Today, the blond's fuse was shortened by exhaustion.
Tweek slid his chair from his desk and stomped out of the classroom.
How can anyone concentrate on their work with that ruckess going on!
Even in 11th grade, his classmates could be so immature.
Seething, Tweek marched himself to the boy's bathroom.
Useless teacher. Stupid class.
Second period would be over shortly and recess would begin.
At least I can get away from those stuffy classrooms.
Then again, I'll have to mingle.
Tweek did not think he possessed enough patience to listen to the irrelevant stories that the 'normal' kids like to spew.
Urgh. I can't be bothered with regular highschool drama, today.
The boy sighed as he locked a stall door behind him.
Seating himself on the closed toilet lid, Tweek rested his head on his knees.
"This is all too much," sighed the miserable teen.

"Alright what's going on?" A familiar face poked his head over the top of the stall door.
"Gah! Wtf Kenny?" Tweek jumped.
Kenny rolled his eyes.
"Craig hasn't been able to concentrate on anything all morning and now I find that you've locked yourself in the bathroom. So, what's up?" Questioned the boy in the orange parka.
Tweek grunted, uncertain on how to reply and irritated by the question.
"Just leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it. You wouldn't understand anyway," he eventually muttered.
"Try me," Kenny persisted casually.
"Just -agh- drop it, okay?" Tweek insisted.
"Something happen with your boyfriend?"
Tweek was starting to feel bombarded.
"Leave me alone and quit being such a nosy pest!" He spat in a fiery tone.
Tweek's harsh words didn't seem to phase Kenny in the slightest and surprisingly, this made Tweek feel a rush of guilt.
Kenny probably had enough screaming to deal with from his negligent parents, on a daily basis.
He didn't need a grumpy spaz screeching at him on top of that.
Afterall, Kenny was merely trying to help him.
"Im sorry but please, I just want to be left alone," Tweek mumbled, desperation edging his voice.
The practically penniless boy simply shrugged a reply. "I'm all ears when you're ready to talk."
He then left Tweek alone in the bathroom.

As usual, the cafeteria was crowded and noisy.
After buying a tastless coffee from the canteen, Tweek took his usual seat next to Craig.
Token and Clyde sat on the opposite side of the table, as always.
Clyde chatted away, enthusiastically relaying one of his exaggerated stories.
Token was making an effort to listen to his friend's ramblings, but couldn't help looking bored.
Craig simply munched on a burger, not taking in anything Clyde was saying.
Clyde was oblivious to this, of course.
"Hey Tweek," he paused, part way through his story, to greet the boy as he seated himself.
The blond flashed a halfhearted smile in response.
This silent gesture was both a greeting and an invitation for the brunet to continue his elaborate tale.
Tweek sipped his coffee while bouncing his legs nervously; a subconscious habit.
The boy let his mind drift until he felt a tap on the shoulder.
He turned to see Craig, staring at him with a look of concern.
"Will you walk me to the bathroom?" His boyfriend asked, tugging the straps of his blue chullo hat in order to reposition it correctly on top of his head.
Although he was quite aware that nature's call was not at all what Craig had on his mind, Tweek nodded in agreeance.
"Sure."

"So? What's up with you today?" Craig pressed as they walked out into the quad.
Tweek let out a defeated sigh.
"I-argh- I don't think you'll understand. You might think I'm -nng- s-stupid," he stammered, uncertain.
The boy tugged on his green shirt, trying to distract himself from the embarrassment he felt.
How could he even begin to tell Craig what had happened?
What if he doesn't believe me? What if he thinks I'm crazy! Oh god! What if I am crazy?
Tweek shook his head repeatedly as he began to drown in his own thoughts.
No. I know what I saw and Craig has to believe me. He's my boyfriend and he cares about me. He just wants to help.
"I'll do my best to understand. Just start from the beggining," the tall boy soothed, stroking the blond's cheek.
Tweek took a deep breath.
"Okay. Ever since Halloween night, there's been someone -something after me."
Tweek explained the horrors he had endured the over the last two nights and looked up at Craig with frightened eyes when he had finished.
He searched his partner's eyes, hopefull of finding any sign that Craig believed him.
To his dismay however, those mysterious depths never gave anything away. Though Tweek wasn't surprised.
After staring at Tweek with furrowed eyebrows, Craig finally spoke.
"Have you been taking your meds?" He demanded.
The blond gaped, taken aback. "Yes, of course!"
Craig frowned. "I thought they were working. You told me it was helping with your paranoia. How long since you started seeing things again?"
"Its not like that! This is real! I've always thought I've seen shadows out of the corners of my eyes. That never stopped but the doctor told me that I was imagining it and so, I've just learned to ignore them but this is different! You have to belive me, Craig! That ghost or whatever followed me home after the stupid seance and its been tormenting me ever since."
He looked to his boyfriend with pleading green eyes, willing him to understand.
Craig shook his head slowly. "This is what you've been so freaked out over?"
"It's just your imagination," he declared in a matter of fact tone.
"No. This is serious! I'm being haunted!" Tweek insisted.
"Yeah, and I can shoot lazers from my eyes," the other boy spat sarcastically.
"But- Craig, it even broke my lamp last night! Please, you have to belive me," the blond boy begged, his eyes glossing over with tears.
"You probably rolled over, and knocked it off the desk, in your sleep," Craig rationalized, with a roll of his eyes.
"Tweek," he continued, "ghosts aren't real. These are just childish stories you scare yourself into believing. You freak yourself out until you start to see and hear things, but they aren't real. It's all in your head."