chapter 40

NIKOLAI POV

I've been at Nikolai's parents house for a week now and everything was going great but I couldn't help it that something was missing from my life, ever since I got here Nikolai hasn't called or message me once. I really wonder why, did he forget about me? Maybe he still upset with me. I still cry sometimes when I'm all alone, even though I'm still upset with him I need him to comfort me and tell me everything is going to be okay. "Serena we are going to my friends house for a while, we'll be back in the night, will you be okay?" Mom asked as she slowly opened the door to look at me.

"Yes I'll be fine" I nodded then gave her a small smile. She looked at me then sulked her shoulders.

"Are you still sad Serena?" She asked as she opened the door a little more so she could come in. Mom walked over to me then sat down on the bed. "We can stay Serena and we'll comfort you" She said and I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine, it's okay you should go" I insisted and she gave me a hug.

"Okay, but if anything happens and you need me call me okay, I'll be here in no time" Mom said then kissed the top of my head. I watched her as she left the room then closed the door behind her and as soon as she did this I broke down in tears. I was emotionally unstable, my body aches all over and I just couldn't take it anymore. It drown myself in sorrow I turned on some sad music then laid down in bed.

What made it worst was that the rain was falling pretty hard and then came the roaring thunderstorms. After a few hours I fell asleep and while I was sleeping I heard my door slowly opened. In my head I thought that mom or dad has came back to check up on me. As their foot steps got closer and closer to me I was about to open my eyes when I inhaled his scent, Nikolai? Why was here? Or am I just dreaming.

I felt the bed sink, which clearly means he was sitting down. I couldn't let him know that I was awake so I kept on fake sleeping. I felt him rest his cold palm in my cheek then he slowly caressed my cheek with his touch. He touch made me feel so calm and my mind felt at peace. Suddenly he removed his hand and I felt like pouting.

"I'm sorry" I heard him whisper then placed his hand on my stomach. "Daddy is sorry, I acted like a fool" he paused "when I found out mommy was pregnant, I assumed it was Jace's baby and that made me so angry and the fact that mommy kept such a big secret from me made me really upset but that didn't gave me the right to ignore her and I'm really sorry " He said and my face sadden. "But I simply can't live without her, I need her, the past few days I felt like a huge part of me was missing. I need her and you guys to be with me and I really hope your mommy understand" he softly said then sniffed. Wait! Was he crying? Oh my god.

I felt the baby kick "Did you just kick daddy" Nikolai chuckled a little then started sniffling. He started poking my stomach and the babies kept on moving around. I peeked my eyes open and I saw him sitting beside me while wiping his tears, he was crying. I find it very weird though, with Nikolai being the mafia and all. "I'm sorry I made mommy cry, but you two have made my day." He said then smiled

"Nikolai" I whispered and he looked at me then quickly stood up.

"I'm sorry you were asleep so I didn't want to wake you" he did while scratching the back of his head. I sat up then grabbed his hand, pulling him down to sit beside me.

"Your eyes, We're you crying?" I asked and him and gave me an awkward smile then nodded.

"Please come home, please I want you to be with me, I'm sorry" He begged and I stared into his eyes, I could tell he really meant it.

"Okay, yes I will come home" I told him and he smiled then hugged me.

"I love you" he said then pecked my lip.