';Part Twenty Five - Guns Don't Kill, Overprotective Fathers Do

More DRAMA! :)

B. X

******************************************************************************

Jake's P.O.V.

I sat, chilling at the breakfast bar, eating a giant bacon sandwich smothered in ketchup and hot sauce.

It was the perfect hangover cure, and I was beyond proud of myself for thinking of it in the first place. Especially with this killer headache I was currently enduring.

Last night with the guys—and girls—was amazing. Karaoke, laughs and getting totally wasted.

I took a massive bite and swallowed hungrily.

Aah, perfect.

“Jacob?” my dad walked into the kitchen, a frown on his face, “JACOB ELIJAH WOOD-BANKS, seriously?!”

“What is it Dad?” I asked, tilting my head to one side

“You finished the hot sauce! I was just about to make one of those myself!” Dad scolded playfully, nudging my shoulder.

“Dad, I thought it was serious!” I rolled my eyes

“Everything is serious when it comes to hot sauce! You know that!” he frowned

If there’s one thing I know about my father—Alexander Steven Banks—is that he loves hot sauce. He has it on everything that he eats. He likes to be wiping the sweat from his forehead when he eats. Mom absolutely hates it but Chase and I are slowly becoming addicted as well.

“Oh come on Dad, don’t give me a hard ti—“

I suddenly stopped as my belly doubled over.

Damn.

Just as I straightened, my stomach flipped over again. I grunted.

“Hey?” Dad patted my back, “You alright?”

The feeling in the pit of my stomach was like an overwhelming sense of dread. I didn't know where it came from or why it was surfacing now, but I instantly knew it had something to do with Cherri as my nerves were immediately on edge.

I groaned, “Cherri...”

I grabbed my mobile from the side and pressed 1.

Cherri’s name appeared on my screen along with her number and an adorable picture of her, cuddled up in my arms.

I held the phone to my ear and listened to the dialling tone.

Come on babe, pick up, pick up, please pick up!

Hello? Hello? Just kidding! If you’re listening to this, you’ve reached Cherri Alonso. So, I can’t come to the phone, I’m probably super, super busy right now. Please leave a message after the beep. BEEEEP. No, just kidding again that was me. Okay, bye!

BEEP.

“Cherri, babe, it’s me. I’m worried about you. Give me a call when you get this please. Okay babe, bye.”

I hung up the phone.

Dad looked at me with raised eyebrows, “Babe?

I cringed, “Dad, please, not now.”

“September!” Dad shouted, towards the stairs, “Riccardo better not have my balls for this!!”

“Relax, baby!” Mom shouted back, "It's not a problem, it'll all die down eventually!"