';Part Nineteen - Prom Part 1

So this is Prom Part 1 of 2. The P.O.V.'s are split. Enjoy!

B. X

********************************************************************************

Cherri's P.O.V.

The dress was absolutely perfect. It was white with an intricate black flower design up the left side and a beautiful black jewelled belt across the middle. The black flowers trailed up to make a strap on my left shoulder and the dress held in my already miniscule waist. My hair was piled high on my head, a few loose strands framing my face.

Mom had lent me a pair of large silver dangling earrings and I had gone shopping with Casey a couple of weeks ago to buy some black platforms which came to my ankle, tied with silk ribbons.

I looked in the mirror for the final time before heading downstairs.

Dad was adjusting his tie in our hall mirror and Jake was looking at his watch and clutching a small red velvet box.

He looked hot. Not just hot. Smokin’. Hot with a capital H, scrap that hot with a capital H, a capital O AND a capital T.

He was wearing a coal coloured suit, with a matching shirt, customised with a black tie and matching handkerchief. What surprised me the most, was that Jake had styled his hair back. He usually wore it tousled, but it was slick, and damn sexy.

“Hi Jake! Evening Dad!”

Dad looked up at me on the stairs and smiled and Jake’s fiery hot gaze trailed a burning path from my head to my toes.

“You look absolutely amazing Princess.” Dad grinned looking proud

“Wow, I—I don’t—I don’t know what to say... Cherri, you look stunning.”

He opened the box and slipped the corsage onto my wrist.

It was a beautiful white rose, my favourite flower, complimented with studded diamonds. It was beautiful!

“I hope you like it, I mean, you don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to...”

I gasped, “No Jake! It’s amazing, it’s beautiful, thank you so, so much.”

I kissed his cheek softly and he smiled. God, he smelt delicious! I walked over to the coat hanger and grabbed my long black coat. I longed to kiss his lips and feel his arms around my waist, but a kiss on the cheek would have to do for now.

“So, do I look okay?"

Mom’s voice.

We all turned towards the stairs and gave a simultaneous gasp.

Mom wore a beautiful, low-cut, long black evening gown, showing off the curve of her chest and her perfect figure. A long diamond necklace trailed into her chest and she wore beautiful black stilettos. The dress swayed as she walked and her hair was curly and worn down. She had on little makeup, although her eyelashes were extremely long and she wore a pearly pink lipgloss.

Dad’s jaw was wide open and Jake and I looked at each other in complete shock.

“What? That bad?” Mom joked, tilting Dad’s face upwards, closing his mouth with her fingers, “Shut your mouth dear, you’ll catch flies.”

“Mom... you look...wow!”

She smiled, turning me around, “Thank you Cherri, darling you look absolutely beautiful tonight, exactly like I knew you would and Jakey! Who would have known that you looked so handsome in a suit?!”