';PartTwelve - The Big Reveal

So I thought that I might just upload to let you guys in on "The Big Reveal". However it's the big reveal in two ways....

The song shows how Nate is feeling.

Enjoy!

B. X

*****************************************************************************

Cherri's P.O.V.

 “Well, well, well.”

The voice at the door startled us both, so much so, that Jake pulled away from me forcefully, his eyes wide and bright.

We both looked towards the door, and my chest constricted at the figure who stood in the doorway, looking murderously angry.

Nate.

Sh*t.

In a flash, Jake quickly climbed off me, and the bed, running a hand through the hair that had flopped onto his forehead.

For a few moments, we all stared at each other, none of us seemingly able to vocalise anything at all. An explanation, an excuse, nothing.

Then Nate broke the silence, his eyes blazing with anger, and his top lip curled up in disgust.

“I knew there was something funny going on when you didn’t call me, but this?”

I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Sure, there was the fact our "relationship" was a lie, and that my heart, truly, could only ever belong to Jacob Banks, but that didn't mean I had to deceive Nate as I had done...

Oh God! I was an awful, awful person!

“Nate...” I breathed, “I’m sorry. It just happened.”

What a sh*t excuse! What the f**k was that? It just happened?

“Damn it Cherri!” he punched his fist against the wall, “I came back to see you again, and you give me this?”

I was finding it difficult to articulate any words that could amply describe the situation. It wasn't like I could tell him I was in love with Jake. That would cause enough drama to last a lifetime.

“I’m sorry, it’s just I—“

“Cherri, why did you do this?" Nate questioned frantically, his eyebrows deeply furrowed, "I thought we had something special? I came back to take you to dinner tonight, you know? Nice candlelit dinner in that Italian that I took you to a few weeks back, remember? Remember how you said it would be nice if we could get those seats out on the balcony? Well I did that for you Cherri, I had everything planned and you give me this?”

Nate had to be one of the sweetest boys I'd ever encountered. I mean, he gifted me that necklace without even really knowing me at all. Over our time dating, he'd been nothing but sweet, kind and respectful, never crossing my boundaries and always treating me right. He was an angel and this, this was how I was repaying him?! He was walking in to find me making out with my best friend/secret boyfriend, and effectively cheating on him?

I had to tell the truth. Nate, even though my loyalties did not lie with him, deserved that. He deserved my honesty.

"Nate, I'm sorry," I murmured, forcing myself to meet his fiery gaze, "I'm so sorry, but I've fallen in love with him. I've fallen in love with him and I can't do anything about that..."

Rapidly, he crossed the distance between us, cupping my face in his hands, “Don’t say that Angel. You love me. You love me! Say it. Say it!”

I shook my head, “No Nate, I can’t.”