1 ▫ First Encounters

A/n: Soooo I'm back. This was originally my Freed X OC fic however, I was re-reading it with the intention of continuing it and didn't like the direction it was going in. Because of that, I have started re-writing it only this time it's Freed X Reader because I realised how much I personally hate reading Character X OC fics and thought maybe other people are the same. This first chapter is pretty similar to last time but the next chapters are pretty much completely different.

Add my snapchat if you wanna, I post updates about stories sometimes: tillyalf427

So uh yeah, I hope people enjoy this. I'm planning to update this every Saturday and some chapters I've done a few little drawings for so I might include those too.

~ Enjoy!~

Running. She was always running. Away from police, guild members who were asked to hunt her down and mostly, her father. She tucked her H/c hair behind her ear as she curled up in the hole she had found under a large old oak tree to hide from the new guild members who were trying to catch her. After originally attempting to fight the team she had to give up and flee. They were too strong. And there were too many of them. Not to mention she had yet to master her magic, having only ever learnt the basics, leaving her with nothing but two daggers and her fists for self-defence. She wished they understood, whenever guild members came to hunt her down, it just brought back horrible, unpleasant memories about her family. When these big strong mages came to try and find her she was always convinced she would die, she was always convinced that they would find her and lock her up and most of all, she was always convinced that her parents had sent them.

"Hey! I think I can smell her!" She heard a gruff male voice shout, presumably to his team members.

Crap, Y/n thought, panting to catch her breath and peeking her head out of her hiding place to see four people standing a bit away. There was a big man with spikey blond hair, a man with weird totem poles flying around him, a woman with brownish hair and lastly, a man with long green hair.

I've never seen this lot before.....What new guild are they from..?

Unfortunately, it appeared the one of the group was a dragon slayer and he easily detected where she was hiding, the group surrounding the opening underneath the tree. She tried to keep her breathing quiet and pressed herself as close to the wall of mud as she could, trying to stay out of sight.

"Hello?" A male voice called out, confusion lacing their voice. Y/n stayed as quiet as possible, dread growing in her stomach as she heard another, deeper voice say

"I know you're in there, I can smell you and hear you breathing,"

The H/c haired girl's breathing hitched and she tried to steady her voice as she asked

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"We're from the guild Fairy Tail. Our master would like to speak with you so we have been sent to get you," Another male voice spoke

"I'm not going with you, leave me alone," Y/n denied, suspecting the entire thing to be a trap.

"Please, we're not sure what he wants to talk to you about but it's urgent," This time it was a female voice and Y/n shook her head, even though she knew that they couldn't see her, her H/c moving to cover her face partly.

"How would I know to trust you. For all I know you could be from a dark guild," Y/n voiced her suspicions

"You have no reason to trust us, but we'd appreciate it if we could at least talk," The third male voice spoke again and after briefly considering it, Y/n began crawling out of the cavern against her better judgement