(Bleach) Hitsugaya Toshiro

| Frozen Heart |

"Then, take as much rest as possible (Y/N)-chan" unohana taicho warmly said before leaving the room, currently you were in squad 4 barracks after getting injured from the war with aizen. 

You stare at your white pale hands smiling sadly before glancing to the window while you recall the incidents that took place just week's ago, unfortunately for you the espada you fought has ice-based abilities, you defeated him but not before completely freezing your heart, literally. mayuri taicho said that it slowly freezes your body and eventually your heart and brain, he said he'll do something about it before you completely froze.

Everyday a part of your body was getting frostbite, starting from your feet, making it extremely hard to walk. Your thoughts were suddenly interrupted when the door opened and toshiro walk in. You suddenly grinned and smile brightly to them more especially to toshiro. 

"ohh this is a rare sight to see" you grinned to toshiro, which toshiro replied with his usual deep voice you love so much.

"i Just happenend to pass by"

He stood beside the bed looking at me.
"so how are you doing? "

"just fine, unohana taicho said i can go back to my duties in less than a week" you replied with your usual outgoing attitude 

"are you sure, you look like a ghost to me" toshiro said with his arms crossed, focusing to your face if your lying or not. 

"of course, i just need to rest a little bit more"

Toshiro was about to reply when one of his subordinates called him about matsumoto getting drunk or something, he looked annoyed before he excused himself out the room, once again you were left alone. It was pretty obvious that you had a crush to the squad 10 division, you want to tell him how you felt but now that you don't even know if you'll last one more week you just can't tell him. 

The fact regarding your frozen heart was kept among the captains except toshiro which you asked from the head commander. And just like that another day passed by, and another day, and another day, each day you were getting worse to the point that your lips started to tremble from the cold every night. Mayuri taicho said that with his intelligence he can find a cure but he can't do anything about the time. And just like that you accepted your death.

One day when you wake up, you just felt that it was time, you know that if you closed your eyes you won't be able to open them again, frost bite was all over you body but you stand up from the bed and shunpo to you room, you collapse but stand up again reaching to the white box in your bed, it was supposedly your gift for toshiro when you confessed but you were not able to give it to him. 

With your very last strength you shunpo to toshiro's office, fortunately he was not there, you place the box to his desk and shunpo to a forest near soul society,    you leaned your back to a tree, your chest rising and falling roughly, the moon shining to your (H/C) hair slowly turning to white due to the coldness. 

At the same time toshiro entered his office exhausted from his mission in the world of the living for at least a whole week. He expected to find a pile of papers to his desk but instead he found a box, he carefully opened it to find a (F/C) scarf neatly folded with his name stitch to it, a smile found it place to his face as a certain (H/C) haired shinigami come to his mind, all his exhaustion disappearing. 

He made his way to squad 4 barracks where you reside but instead he saw everyone panicking, running everywhere, he approached the captain who was standing in the middle of the chaos with a concern written to this her face. 

Back to you, you shiver every time a wind grazes your already cold skin, the tree and the ground that touch your skin was already covered with ice produced by your body your hair completely white with no traces of it's original color. You can't even cry since the tears froze before it even trickled down your cheeks, you can feel your heart slowly beating, and as if to rid of your only hope to die peacefully your eyes start to lose it sight, now all you see is complete darkness.

As you wait for your end, listening to the wind (if it's possible) you heard a twig snapped, to tired to turn your head around you silently asked who's there, no one answered instead a cold yet comforting arms wrapped itself around you, you panicked but instantly relax when you heard his voice whisper to your ear. 

"are you an idiot" he sounded angry but sad at the same time. 
"toshiro, why are you here?"

He still didn't let go, instead his arms tighten around you. "i heard everything about unohana" he started "why didn't you tell me?"

"i don't want you to worry" you tiredly answered, you wanted to at least see his face one last time but all you can really see was darkness.

"you really are an idiot" he said, you were about to reply back but you felt his lips on yours, it was gentle and at the same time rough, his lips were sweet. Without knowing it your hands found it's place to his hair. And that we're you suddenly opened your eyes you can see toshiro and you can move your arms.

You separated from toshiro to see that he was surprised as you were, your white hair now returned to it's original color, the frost bite that covers your body was completely gone. You just stared at toshiro before hugging him again your face buried to his chest, you felt him return the hug, after minutes of hugging he whispered near your ear "don't leave me again" before wrapping the scarf you gave him to you, you just smiled and kissed him again.

"i love you (Y/N)"

"I love you too toshiro"

------------
OMAKE

mayuri taicho was looking at you dumbfounded, that someone or something cured you before him, he constantly asked you what happened and all you said was

"they say to fight fire with a fire, i guess i just needed another frozen Heart to melt my frozen heart"