(KnB) Kise Ryota

|Never the same

The italics are flashback

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After weeks of locking yourself in your room you finally had the courage to go out and get back to your life, you know it won't be easy but you realize nothing good will happen if you don't go out.After the usual classes, it's now time for you to do your usual job, and you know you will probably get to see Kise and (Besfriend/Name) together, so you prepared yourself. After dating kise for about a year he suddenly confesses that he only dated you to get closer to (B/N).

Thought to Kise, he thought he would be happier if he had (B/N), but there are times that he would notice the difference between you two. it was their break and you took your distance to the two, you were handing waters and towels to everyone except to kise. everyone kept looking worriedly at you while you just smiled at them which kise knew was a forced.

"ewww, Ryota can't you wipe your sweat, it's disgusting" (B/N) said as she disgustedly handed kise the towel, which he gladly accepted smiling to the brunet.

----------

"ryo-chan, have some water"

You handed your model / basketball player boyfriend some water after practice, as he drinks you wipe his sweat in which his teammates was jealous. The blond just grinned making you chuckled.

----------

after practice, kasamatsu offered to take you home which you gladly accept, on the way out of the school, you see kise and (B/N) in the usual place you two used to hang out in, you just ignore them trying not to cry as you and kasamatsu walk home.

kise was resting his head on (B/N) lap as she type away on her phone, kise boredly look up the sky, thinking deeply, it was the same spot, the same sky, he was on the lap of the girl he love but it doesn't feel the same.

"(B/N)-chii~~ can't you play with my hair?" kise whined to get the attention of the brunnet away from the phone and towards him.

"later, i need to pose pictures of us, to let everyone know were dating"

it definitely doesn't feel right, it feels like something was wrong, something was missing.

----------

"let's go out tomorrow (Y/N)-chii" He suddenly said as he was resting his head on your lap as you play with his hair.

"sure, where do you want to go?"

"there's this new amusement park, i have three tickets, you think (Bestfriend/name)-chii could come, i don't want to waste it"

"i guess, she not busy these days"

And so the three of you went to the amusement park, ever since the beginning (B/N) always tagged along with your dates, kise always want her to come, when you asked him why, he would say he doesn't want her to be left out, and you believe him. If only you knew back then.

----------

You walk towards the gym after class as a drentch hayakawa stormed out of the gym, you entered the gym as everyone seems tense, you asked kasamatsu what happened, then he just pointed to the fuming brunnet while kise try to calm her down. ever since everyone found out what kise did, they try to keep their distance to him except when their playing basketball.

kise took (B/N) outside to calm her down as everyone was glaring at her, however coincidentally from a distance he saw you with a towel drying hayakawa's hair, a a calm expression is present on your face. something burned in his heart, for some reasons he can't take his eyes off you.

---------

It was their practice and you walk in to the gym, kasamatsu was kicking kise, while kise was crying for help, you chuckled put down your bag to do your job as the manager of the team.

"senpai don't overdo it, we needed him to play"

Of course, kasamatsu stopped, he listens to you after all, you got along with the team pretty well.

After their practice you handed everyone their water and towel, of course kise has special service, you would wipe his sweat for him. But the moment (B/N) walk in he immediately run to her to talk, completely ignoring you, you failed to notice the pained look kasamatsu was giving you.

---------

after weeks kise and (B/N) broke up, and today kise asked you to meet him before practice in which you oblige. from the distance you could see kise nervously standing under the tree as you make your way towards him, he noticed you immediately.

"kise, do you have something to say?" it pained him to be called by his last name especially from you.

"i....i just realize, how much of an idiot i am, i though it was (B/N) that i want but it turns out it was you, i'm really sorry, but i really love you please come back to me"

he confesses, tears built up on his eyes as you hold your own tears, you were just tires of continuously crying because of him. you took hold of his face with both your hands. slowly you kiss kise's forehead, then let go of his face.

"kise.......i know deep inside me, i still loved you, i just came here to say a proper goodbye, a proper closure"

you smiled at him as he looked down, his hands in fist. you turn to leave but not before saying one last thing.

"even if we come back together, it just would never be the same"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of doing part 2, but i'm hesitating please comment if you want one