Chapter Twenty-Five: Gone

"Now can you please stop being mad at me and call me back? Please? Love you, bye." Camilla sighs, Montgomery walking into the room, with a towel wrapped around his waist and water still falling down from his wet hair. "He still hasn't called you back?"

"Nope." "And how many times was that?" "About.. seven?" She shrugs, before sighing and laying back onto her bed, wondering why Jeff was still so angry at her that he wasn't picking up the phone.

Montgomery starts getting dressed, Camilla seeing what he was doing from the corner of her eye making her sit up, confused. "Going somewhere?"

"Uh, yeah. The guys want to hang out and you know school's about to start so we're trying to enjoy this last weekend while we still can."

"Okay, I'll come with you." She stands up, walking towards her dresser but gets stopped by him grabbing onto her forearm. "Umm actually, baby, it's gonna be a guys thing. No females allowed." He shrugs, Camilla squinting her eyes at him as he guided her back to her bed, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Sorry. Hey but, maybe you can get Jess to come over, get your mind off Jeff ignoring you."

"He's not ignoring me. He's just mad at me right now." "And he's showing you that he's mad at you how, again?" Camilla sighs, knowing Montgomery was right. "Ignoring me.."

Montgomery continues to get dressed, checking and looking back on his girlfriend every now and then as she lays on her back sending Jeff text messages, figuring she could annoy him enough to get him to respond.

Once Montgomery left, Camilla thought it would be a good idea to listen to what her boyfriend said and invite Jessica over, to take her mind off her best friend not wanting to talk to her at the moment.

She called, but Jessica didn't answer. "What is everyone ignoring me now?"

The only other person Camilla knew that might not be joining the guys in hanging out is who she called next, them immediately answering.

"Shit, are you alright Cam?" Justin asks her as soon as he answers, making her chuckle. "Um, yes. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You haven't heard?" "Heard about what?" "Jeff."

Camilla's smile drops, and she straightens up. "Heard what about Jeff, Justin?"

"He.. he got into a car accident last night, leaving Jess's party. He was drunk driving and.. he didn't make it, Cam."

"That's not funny, Justin." "What? What are you talking ab-" "Listen, I know you guys like to fuck around, and say a lot of dumb shit. But that is not fucking funny." "Cam wait." Justin says, before Camilla hangs up. She begins shaking, but refuses to cry, thinking that Justin, being the dick that he was, was just messing with her and trying to get a rise out of her. Still, the anxiety running through her made her immediately jump up, and put her shoes on. She grabs her car keys practically running out her house to her car, and speeding over to the Atkin's residence as quick as possible.

The door opens, revealing Jeff's sad looking dad but Camilla didn't pay much attention. As soon as she saw the door open, she rushes inside. "Camilla.." Jeff's dad begins, but Camilla rushes passed him. "I'm sorry, Mr. Atkins. But I have to talk to Jeff."

She could hear a faint sob when she says it, followed by footsteps following and her name being called but she doesn't stop speed walking to Jeff's room for a second.

She flings the door open, expecting to see Jeff on the bed, asleep or watching TV, but there was nothing. It was an empty room.

Jeff's parents stood in the doorway, watching the girl contemplate what was going on. "Where is he?" She asks, frantic looking around the room and then at his parents.