Chapter Twenty-Four: Jessica's Party

The guys had been getting the beer kegs, as the girls got the cups, bowls, and anything else needed for Jessica's back to school party. The girls were discussing how they were going to do their hair, before Jessica's doorbell goes off, signaling someone was there earlier than they were supposed to be.

They both walk over to her front door, Jessica opening it and a look of surprise goes on both the girl's faces.

"Clay!" They both say, glancing at each other and then back at him.

"Is the party over?" Clay asks, glancing around her house and noticing no one was there yet.

"The party hasn't started. No one's gonna be here for like another hour." Jessica says. "You don't come to parties often do you?" Camilla chuckles, Clay shaking his head in embarrassment.

"Uh no.. But I thought the party started at seven?" He questions, confused.

"Yeah.. And, A, it's 6:55. And, B, seven really means nine." Jessica shrugs. "Oh, right. I'll come back then." Clay replies turning around and beginning to step off Jessica's porch but Camilla stops him. "No, no, stay. You can help."

Clay nods, walking inside and as he walks by both girls get a whiff of his very strong cologne, making them make faces at each other with wide eyes but not say anything.

They lead him to the kitchen, watching as Montgomery and Zach carry the heavy keg through the living room. "Do you know how to tap a keg?"Jessica asks, Camilla continuing before Clay could respond. "Every guy's like, let's get a keg, and when it's time to tap it--" "I told you it was the wrong kind of tap!" Zach cuts her off, arguing with her. Although it did take a while for things to get back to normal, Zach and Camilla were finally back to their normal, argumentative friendship, minus the part of keeping a huge secret from everybody.

Montgomery looks back and forth between the arguing pair, yelling towards his girlfriend. "Baby I got this! Everybody settle!"

Camilla rolls her eyes, hearing the guys carry the heavy keg outside, before turning back and leaning against the counter to look at the lost looking Clay

Camilla rolls her eyes, hearing the guys carry the heavy keg outside, before turning back and leaning against the counter to look at the lost looking Clay. "Uh, I don't really know how to.."

"Relax. You can do snacks." Jessica says, grabbing two bags filled with bags of chips and other snacks and handing it to him.

"Got it." Clay grabs the bags, looking down at them. "Is there any special order that you want? Mixed? All in separate bowls? Certain things mixed?"

Camilla stands up, both Jessica and Camilla staring at the odd boy before Camilla speaks. "Make a choice, Clay. Be bold." She softly smacks his shoulder, before the girls head upstairs, ready to get changed into their party clothes.

The party had been in full swing, the loud music blaring and people everywhere, a majority being just regular nobodies the girls have seen at Liberty High every now and then. Montgomery had been gone with Bryce, Jessica had been with Justin and Camilla was getting tugged around by Jeff.