Chapitre 33 - Criminel

Seoul | 2018

Chaeyoung then opens the door.

"Son Chaeyoung-ssi?" Two men and 2 police officers stand in front of the door.

"Yes, I am" Chaeyoung is shocked, her heart somehow beating so fast.

"You're under arrest for vehicular homicide on the Mugunghwa intersection, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you" Chaeyoung is confused, she just confuse and surrender when she's being held captive. 

"This must be a mistake, Officer-nim" She then slaps back to the reality. 

Mina then goes out.

"What is this? Homicide?"

She's shocked seeing someone she know.

"Detective Jung, what is this?" Detective Jung also shocked seeing Mina here.

"Mina-ya, Mina-ya can you call my parents? Mina-ya help me......" Chaeyoung is being dragged.

"Mina-ssi what are you doing here?"

"She's my colleague, and my..............roommate, Detective what is this? Why are you arresting Son Chaeyoung?"

"Mina-ssi, the responsible car that collided with your parents' vehicle, is Son Chaeyoung's car"

Mina's is trembling now.

"No way, it's impossible"

"She is, Mina-ssi. Hence, I need to do an investigation first, so........."

"It's impossible, Detective Jung!"

Detective Jung then opens up her arrest warrant and a copy of evidence and give it to Mina. He's showing it on his phone. 

"It was from the same night. Son Chaeyoung went to the hospital that night. For now, she's the prime suspect. I need to go, Mina-ssi"

Mina then falls to the floor. Mina is still trembling and she is now confused. She's shocked.

So, Chaeyoung is the one who got her parents killed.

Mina starts to cry.

She then tried to dial Chaeyoung parents.

"Hello, Minaya?" Chaeyoung's mom then picks up.

"Mrs. Son, Chaeyoung is under arrest"

"What do you mean under arrest?"

Mina doesn't answer again, she just put the phone on the floor and starts crying again. Her mind is too deteriorate.

---

Chaeyoung is in the investigation room, to be honest, she's scared now. She's confused. The police earlier mentioned about Mugunghwa intersection. It was where she had an accident 10 years ago with Eunho. Homicide? She's pretty sure that she killed no one but her wife.

The police then enter the interrogation room.

"Detective, what did I do?"

Detective Jung comes with a pile of files she gathered worth of 4 years of research.

He then sits in front of Chaeyoung.

"Ms. Son, 10 years ago, you had an accident in Mugunghwa intersection, Gyeonggi-do, is that right?"

"Yes, November 11th, 2008"

"You realized that your car collided with another car, yes?"

"I don't really remember that night, I just remember that my car hit the roadblock, I woke up and my wife was bleeding, I panicked and tried to start running the engine, I rushed to the hospital, my wife died after, I can only remember that"