Chapitre 1 - Violoncelle

Germany | 2002

"Chaeyoung-ah! WAKE UP!" Yugyeom knocks really hard and screams outside Chaeyoung's apartment.

Chaeyoung lazily gets up from the bed and open her door because he is knocking too hard now. 

"Why are you always making a fuss every damn morning!" 

"YA! Really? IT'S 9 AM SON CHAEYOUNG"

"AH REALLY?" Chaeyoung then opens her eyes like crazy and starts panicking. She enters her bedroom again and then starts the shower.

"What would you do without me, Son Chaeyoung, thank God I follow you to Germany" Yugyeom screams from the living room. 

"Shut up, Gabe!" Chaeyoung shouts from her bedroom.

"YA. You should really be thankful that I always waking you up even though we don't go to the same university. Your parents even send your schedule to me, oh my God. You're a woman and yet I am the one who wakes you up all the way here"

Chaeyoung then opens her bedroom door, half-mad because her friend is too lousy.

"Gabriel, I know you since forever, I know that you agreed to do this because you want something from me, I know Gabe. You can use my car after you drop me. It's okay, it's my way of thanking you for being such a thoughtful best friend"

Yugyeom then smirk and laugh, "As expected, you really are my best friend"

They rush to Chaeyoung's school. Chaeyoung owns a car but she's too lazy to drive around. Her parents know that she's not a morning person, almost every morning Chaeyoung missed the bus on high school days. Hence, they sent a car for her but, most of the time, Yugyeom use it since Chaeyoung never uses it. 

"Hi, open your eyes, we arrive" Yugyeom then wake her up.

"Ah yes, thanks chingu! You're the best"

"No problem," Yugyeom said while ruffling Chaeyoung's hair.

"AH GABE" Chaeyoung then hit Yugyeom and get out from the car. She's indeed always thankful that she has a friend like Yugyeom. She almost failed the last semester without Yugyeom's help.

Yugyeom and Chaeyoung are the best friends since elementary school. Yugyeom's family lived next to Chaeyoung 's in Pyeongchang-dong area. When people said that men and women can be a best friend, they broke the stigma. Safe to say that they share no secret, at all. Chaeyoung always tells him anything, vice versa.

Chaeyoung was a bit late to attend the general rehearsal of a musical recital at her school. It's a part of her elective course in theatre design. Chaeyoung then slowly open the door at sit at the very back so that she won't interrupt the whole show. With the sound of the orchestra and piano, it's a perfect time for her to sleep again, but then people clap their hand as one of the cellists enter the room. Screw it, she needs to be back sleep.

Chaeyoung who's about to sleep then open her eyes and fix it to the stage, as the cellist now play the only cello number that she knows, Cello Suite No.1 Prelude - Bach. It was a common piece for a cellist to play that song, but she can't help it but staring as she remembers her grandmother used to play the piece for her.

As Chaeyoung stare and fix her eyes to the stage, she sees the beautiful cellist who plays it, she's so elegant despite the big instrument in front of her. She's also Asian just like her, Chaeyoung felt that she never knew this woman before. Perhaps, not a Korean like her. She's so beautiful with her black halter dress, passionately fiddle her cello.