Chapter 25 - [Forgiving]

Start from the beginning

     It was here that he ripped out what made him a Lumynos.

     It was a dense forest and barely any moonlight was let in through the trees. But that didn’t matter to him, he could see clearly.

     And as he stepped past the trees and into a small area where everything had been cleared, his shoulders tensed.

     He could still smell the burning as he looked around, and he shuddered when he was reminded of the pain he felt when he ripped his evil out.

     The pain… and the fire. The fire that cleared out an area that was big enough to fit a couple homes.         

     And in eight years, nothing grew there.

     Not even grass.

     But then, all of those thoughts left his mind as he froze in his tracks.

     Right at the center of the cleared out forest, stood his evil.

     It’s back was towards him, wearing the same cloak that he wore the night he left.

     I knew you would come back. It suddenly said.

     Its voice was deep. Deeper than Blood’s.

     But Blood knew that that was his voice. His real voice.

     You are here sooner than I expected though. It said. Everything is happening sooner than I expected.

     Blood took a breath and stepped closer.

     She was here too. It continued. It then lifted its arm up and pointed at a tree off in the distance. She sat there. She came to me in a dream. She thought it was Feyran but your master’s spell sent her here.

     When Blood didn’t say anything, the evil turned around, watching Blood walk closer to it.

     It looked just like Blood.

     He felt like he was looking into a mirror, and for some reason, that made this all a lot easier for him.

      I’m pleased to know that you’ve realized parting with me was a mistake.

     “I apologize.” Blood said, as he stopped walking. He stood right in front of it, looking it straight in the eye. “But if what Master Red said is the truth, that means I’m simply apologizing to myself.”

     The evil smiled. Sometimes it is necessary to apologize to yourself.

     Blood let out a small laugh. “I never realized I was so forgiving.”

     The smile remained on what was supposed to be the darkest creature in the entire realm. Are you prepared to finally return to being Avaryn, the son of Kyryn, the Prince of Raffyre and the Leader of the Lumynos Clan?

     Blood nodded.

     Without a single hesitation, the evil stepped forward, into Blood.

     Red lights brightened the night sky and people in nearby villages ran out of their homes to try and figure out what it was.

     But by the time they could think anything, the lights disappeared from the skies.

     Avaryn straightened himself up, feeling more complete than he had ever felt. And when he opened his eyes, anyone would have said that the lights in the skies had not vanished completely. Instead, they appeared in his eyes as they shined brightly for the first time in years.