21

Rose POV
I woke up rubbing my eyes, I could barely sleep last night with Mr.Kim attached to me. I looked to my right to see him sound asleep.

I stood up and stretched as I walked out of my room into the bathroom, cleaning up, and headed to the kitchen.

I heard a door shut from the hallway. He must be up. I stoped cooking and turn around. "Good morning Mr.Kim." I say showing a small smile. "Ah, good morning Rose." He sits down on the dining table across from me. "..um..was I..?"

"Drunk? Yes." He sighed in frustration over himself. "I'm so sorry, I keep causing you trouble like this." He rubbed his eyes out of frustration.

"Mr.Kim, it's all right don't-"

"No it's not, I'm supposed to be the head of my company but I loose my self anytime anything gets frustrating for me and I end up drowning myself in alcohol. It's ridiculous." I turn off the stove and walk closer to the man, sitting on the chair across from him.

"Mr. Kim, everyone looses themselves in their work and it becomes very stressful. It's a natural thing everyone goes through. You don't have to beat yourself up for being human." I rubbed his arm trying to give him some comfort and calm his mind.

"Thanks..I guess you're right." I smiled at his comment. "We should eat some breakfast, you must be hungry." I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge giving it to him before going back to the stove.

As I turned on the stove, I hear Mr. Kim laugh. I turned around and smiled seeing his face. "What's so funny?" I asked going back to the breakfast, putting the last touches on it. I turned back around, giving him my full attention.

"Nothing, haha, it's just it's funny how you always seem to catch me at my worst but manage to pull me back into reality."

"Haha, I guess that is kinda true."

"I should really thank you."

"You don't have to sir. I just care about you-" I froze as I finished my sentence and saw him look up at me. I quickly turned back around to the stove. "I-I mean you know, as your assistant."

"Ah, I suppose so..thank you for doing you job so well then." I hear him say. I feel my face burning with embarrassment.

I quickly set the food on a plate and placed it in front of him. "Thank you." There was now an awkward silence between us as we ate.

Quick Rose think of something!!

"Um..I called a friend to borrow a car, so I can take you to your house for you to change since your drivers not available." I say trying to bring up a conversation. "Oh, thank you. I think I have a few meetings today as well."

"I remember seeing that." I take my phone up and quickly pull up the previously planned schedule for today.

"Here you are." I place it in front of him. "Oh wow, you really are prepared."

"Well I try." He scrolled through the document. "Mm, looks like I won't have time to drop by the office if I go home."

"No problem, I'll just call Ms.Ka and let her know to hold your calls." He nods as he returns back my phone.

I leave to my bedroom after finishing breakfast to get prepared for the day and tell Mr. Kim to make himself comfortable.

After getting dressed, I walked into the living room to see Mr.Kim fixing his watch. "Could I use the bathroom before we take off?" He asked as soon as he noticed my presence. "Go right ahead." While he walked into the hallway, I take out my phone and make a quick call to Ms.Ka.

•Calling•

Hello Kim Industries ...Ka speaking, how may I help you.

Ms.Ka sorry for using your work phone, it's Park Rose.

Ah,Rose. You're fine. What can I do for you?

I was calling to let you know Mr.Kim is going straight to his first meeting so please hold any calls or documents he gets.

Will do. Some kind of family matter came up with Mr.Kim.

Something like th-

"Alright Rose let's go-"
You see Mr.Kim come out if the hallway but immediately go quiet when he sees me on the phone.

..It seems you are heading out to meet him then. I'll hang up, good luck at the meeting.

Haha yes. Thank you.

No problem

•Call end•

"Was that the office?" He asks, I nod my head. "Who was it?"

"Ms.Ka. Should I have not called? You seem a bit concerned.." I say watching him contemplate on something. "No if it's Ms.Ka then it's fine."

"Why's that?"

"I can never be too laid back on anything. Last time I did that we had a mole." He said putting on his jacket. "Ah, I see. I'll be more careful next time."

With that, we both left my apartment and headed to Mr.Kim's house in Jin's car that I borrowed. Thankfully he wasn't using it today and let me borrow it.
••

"Just turn right here." I take the turn and pull up to a nice apartment complex. I was surprised that he lived here I imagined a whole mansion full of like ten expensive cars but I guess I was generalizing.

We parked in a garage downstairs and we walked through the building to his apartment. I was amazed by everything we saw getting to the apartment. The roof were so high and the decoration to the walls and ceilings were so beautiful.

I heard Mr.Kim chuckle as he glanced at me. "You should keep your mouth closed a fly might get in." He commented, letting out a small laugh.

"Huh? O-oh! I'm Sorry, it's just I've never seen such a fancy complex or at least been inside one." I say taking a look at the clear view of the outside from the elevator.

We finally arrived at his door and entered his living room, which was just as mesmerizing as the rest of the building itself. The walls were of black and white marble, the hardwood floors with matching carpets, the big circular lighting on the feeling. Not to mention the amazing view from the room.

"I'll just take a quick shower and gather my things for the meeting. Make yourself at home, there's not much to do but if you want use the TV." He said pointing at the flat screen device.

With that he disappeared into his hallway. Looking around made me realize how different it was from my own apartment and how dull it was compared to his.

I sit on the couch and let my eyes wonder around the room. I spot a few photos on the wall, getting curious I walk up to it hoping to see ones from his younger days.

I smiled seeing what I wanted, the miniature version of Mr.Kim on photos with his mother. But there was another face, a mans face. His father perhaps.

Following through the photos I finally came on one that was flipped down. I glanced back to make sure Mr.Kim wasn't there and turned back to the frame. I slowly lifted it up to see a full family photo of Mr.Kim and his family, a more recent one.

Mr.Kim stood between his parents, hand on his father's shoulder who had seemed to be in a wheelchair. But it wasn't just him and his parents, there was another..

Something about that man caught my eye, a brown headed male that seemed familiar. "Have I seen this man befor-?"

"Rose.."