18

Rose POV
Almost the entire company was gathered in the conference room. Everyone looking a bit tense and stressed out of the situation. "So no one knows?" Mr.Kim asked, I could see many people shuffle uncomfortably in their seats.

Mr.Kim sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "How is it possible that two million dollars of our funds was taken out and we didn't catch it?" He looked toward the representatives of the financial team keeping a less then calm face.

"I'm sorry sir, we'll look into this right away and try to catch where the issue is." Jaehyun spoke up for his team, the others nodding along with what he said. "Ok." He stopped briefly before running a hand through his hair. "Let's try to fix this problem quickly before it gets any bigger." Everyone nodded their heads.

"Ken, any update you have for me?"

"I haven't looked through everything yet. But I have a suspicion that it might be someone inside the company sir. And outsider couldn't possibly be close enough to steal any information about our finances." Mr. Kim rubbed his chin.

The room was quiet for a while until, "Why don't we ask Jimin? I mean he would be the most likely out of all of us to be involved." Benji says shooting Jimin a glare. Everyone looked toward him, whispering and agreeing with Benji.

I could see his face was filling with anxiety and guilt. "The editing department has no control over any of the financial market or anything regarding money. It can't have been Jimin or anyone in the editing department." I spoke up, trying to calm my co-workers.

All heads turned to face me. A few shot glares. "Why are you defending him? You weren't even there when it happened." One of them questioned, knitting her eyebrows.

They started agreeing with her. Another spoke up ."Maybe she's helping him and trying to t-"

"Alright. That's enough. We're not going to discuss what happened before. The past is in the past. We need to focus on the future. So let's fix this problem and move on." Mr. Kim says quieting everyone.

"When you head back, look through your past files and you hard drives, check if anything has been moved, changed or opened that you are not aware of."

"Yes sir!"

••
Next Day

I was sitting at my desk when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see two men. One of which I had seen once.

"Oh, hello Mr.Kim!" I bow seeing Namjoon's uncle with a man that I've never meet. "Is Namjoon in?" He asked.

"He's in a meeting right now, but he'll be out in about 10 minutes. Would you mind waiting for a bit?" I asked staying as formal as possible. I wanted to leave a good impression, he already seemed like he didn't like me from out last meeting.

He nods in response. I tell them to take a seat in the lounge area near the office. "Would you like any refreshments while you wait?" I asked.

"Tea for both, two spoons of sugar, easy on the cream." Mr.Kim's uncle spoke. I bowed and left to get their drinks ready.

When I came back I overheard them talking. "What're you talking about dad, she seems fine." The new voice said.

"That's what we thought about the last rat and look where it got Namjoon.."

"Dad, Namjoon isn't a kid anymore. He can handle himself. You don't need to constantly be on his back about the company. He's been working really hard, he fixed that whole situation even with what happened to Uncle."

Mr.Kim's uncle stayed quiet for a bit. "I don't care what he did, I'm not letting another screw up happen. If something else happens you're taking this company over Brian." I hear Brian sigh.

I take that as a cue that they've finished their conversation. I walk in after a bit and place the tea in front of them with a few snacks on a platter. "Mr.Kim should be out in a few minutes." I bow and head back to my desk.

••

Mr.Kim soon comes back from his meeting. I could slightly hear their conversation. His vices seemed to have a happier tone as he talked with his cousin.

Soon they walked into his office. I could hear the quiet conversation they were having but I continued tending to my work. After about 10 minutes my office phone beeps.

"Rose, please come into my office."

"Yes sir."

I was confused as to why they wanted me in a family meeting, well that's what I assumed it was. When I walked in Mr.Kim called me to the couch.

I sat down keeping my head low noticing that all of their eyes were on me. "Rose-ssi, I'm gonna get straight to the point." His uncle started. "Did you transfer money out of the bank?"

My head snapped up. I was utterly shocked at what he just said. "Of course not sir! I wouldn't even think of doing that!"

"You are the closet person to Namjoon in this company. Not just relation wise, physically. Your office is right next to his. Have you ever had a need for more money? Has your family had a crisis recently?" His eyes pierced into mine. Trying to find out if I was telling the truth.

"I've never had any intention to take any money out of the company for my own needs, sir." He started at me for a few seconds before leaning back on the sofa.

"I'm heard a lot of talk about you around the company, claiming that you might have got something to do with it." He paused for a second. "If it has nothing to do with you. Don't let me hear or find anything that could point to you having anything to do with this issue."

"I'll be keeping an eye on you. You're dismissed." I stood up and bowed to the three and headed back to my desk. I slumped down on my seat and took a deep breath.

••
A/N:Hello my lovelies, how are you all doing? I hope you are all well and happy. I want to thank you all so much for getting this book to over 1,000 reads!! I was honestly surprised. I'm so thankful for you guys. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the next chapter out faster than this one

Hopefully I'll be able to get the next chapter out faster than this one. Thank you for reading, I love you💕.