19

Rose POV
"Hey, Rose right?" I looked up to see Brian standing in front of me smiling. I immediately stand up, bowing.

"Relax, I'm not my dad. You don't have to be so formal." I smiled but stayed within my limits. "Is there something I can do for you?" I ask.

"I actually wanted to talk with you. Do you have time?" He asked. "Well, I'm about to go on my lunch break..."

••

"I'm sorry about my dad. He's just trying to protect Namjoon..in his own special way." We were sitting at the café across the street. "I understand, everyone has their own way of protecting the ones they love." I take a sip from my drink.

"He was a bit laid back before but because of the whole "mole" situation he became very persistent with my cousin."

I paused for a second. "Um, Brian. Do you mind me asking..what happened to Mr.Kim's father?" I look toward him. His expression drops slowly. "I don't think it's my place to tell you. Namjoon should be the one to tell you if he's comfortable with it. It was his father."

"Sorry for asking..." I lower my head. "It's ok. You must be curious after the whole scolding session huh?" He smiled again. "But if you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them."

"Mm?" I thought for a while connecting all the things that had happened so far. There was one thing that I was still distraught about. "It's about Dean Incorporations. If they were caught, how come they didn't get shut down or even publicized about their wrong doings?"

"I honestly don't know either. But I know that they weren't completely off the hook. I remember hearing that they were sued severely." He shrugged and took a bite of his food.

"From what I've heard, the CEO, Maxwell, has a lot of money. Although his company may not be on the rise, he's loaded." He said. "Ah." I stuck my fork into my plate.

"So since I answered one of your questions, you have to answer my question." He leaned in towards me.

"I guess." I put the fork in my mouth taking a bite of my food.

"Do you like Namjoon?" My eyes widened and I started choking on the food. I was coughing uncontrollably. "Whoa, here drink some water." He brought the glass of water closer to me which I grabbed and drank.

"You ok?" I nodded putting the cup down and whipped my mouth with a napkin.
"So..?"

"Umm..yes? No! I-I don't know how to answer this.." My face started heating up. "Haha, you're cute when you're flustered. It's the same face you made in front of my dad when he said you were close to Namjoon."

My eyes widened. "Did I really look like this? In front of them?!" I put a hand on my head trying to think back.

Brian laughed. "Calm down. I was just kidding." I looked towards him and sighed reliving myself. "Don't do that. I almost heart attack."

"Why did you get scared?" He asked still laughing. "I don't know, how would you think it would feel like to look flustered and flirty when you're boss is talking to you seriously? It's unprofessional."

"Well good thing it was in front of me right?" I rolled my eyes playfully. I glanced down at my watch and noticed the time. "Oh my breaks almost done."

"Ah, the time passes by so fast." Brian sighed and leaned on his hand. "I have to get going, it was nice talking with you, Brian-ssi."

"Likewise Rose-ssi." He smiled. I put money down on the table, covering for both our meals. "Ah, you're paying for me?"

"Yea I don't mind. I'll be taking my leave now." I said standing up. "Wait, at least take my number so I can tell you when I can pay you back."

"It's ok you don't hav-"

"I insist, give me you're phone." I sighed giving up and handed him my phone."

••

It's been a few days after the incident with Mr.Kim's uncle. He hadn't shown up afterwards. I've been trying to keep an eye out for anyone who might have tried to sabotage me or gotten involved.

I'm suspicious of that one guy that I found in Mr.Kim's room. But I don't have any proof and if I'm going to report him I want to find solid evidence. I glanced to the side and noticed the bottons on my jacket. They were just like the one I had found on the floor. I quickly opened my drawer looking for the button.

"Damn it, where did it go." I shuffle through the pens and journals inside. "I swear I put it in her- ah! There it is." I took a breath and picked up the button bringing it closer to my coat.

I felt the arms of it and looked at the front bottoms to find if any of the cuff-lets were gone. But they were all there...

"Rose, I'm heading out." Mr.Kim came out of his office buttoning up his coat. Probably heading to the lunch meeting he had with a company friend. I looked towards him and straightened myself up. "Have the reports ready for me when I come back."

"Yes sir."

••

A few hours had passed since I last saw him, it's 8:00 pm now. Most of the employees had gone home. Thankfully they had turned in their work. I wonder if Mr.Kim meant when he comes back tomorrow? But it was only a lunch meeting, he would've come back.

I tapped my fingers on the table as I stared at the paper on my desk.

Just then my office phone rang. "Hello?" Ms. Park I have a phone call from the CEO's cousin on hold for you."

His cousin?

Yes, I'll transfer you now.
~~
Hello, Rose?

Brian? Is something wrong?

Is Namjoon in the office right now?

He went out to a meeting but he should be back soon.

...

Is something wrong?

Sorry..
I overheard my dad talking to him on the phone. I called to make sure he was ok but he isn't picking up. I've been trying to reach him for three hours now. I'm getting kinda worried, or maybe I'm over thinking I don't know..

Ok, calm down. I'm getting off my shift soon I'll go and look if I can find him. Is there a private place that he could've  gone?

Maybe in Ilsan-Gu..it's kinda far though. I'll have to start driving now..

Ok I'll call you if I find him

Thank you