6

Rose POV
"Thank you Rose. Can you go back and split the papers, come back here after you're done." I nod and go back to his office. I see the two girls chatting away. The caramel haired girl was sitting on the desk the pencil skirt riding up her legs. And the black haired was sitting on Mr.Kim's chair.

Was this what they were like when the CEO was here too? Their heads snap toward me and stared as I enter. I bowed and walked toward the stack of papers beside them and started making three piles. The two continued their talk ignoring my actions.

"Which pile would you each like?" They both stopped and looked at me. "Excuse me?" The black haired asked. "Which pile of work would you like?" I repeated. "We don't do work rookie. Don't you know the rookies work for the seniors as well, so we get to decide how much we do and how much you do." The caramel haired said jumping off the desk and approaching.

She pushed me aside and started looking through the papers. She separated it into three piles. One had two times more papers as the other two.

"Mr. Kim said to separate it equally.." I stared at the three piles. "We know but he doesn't have to know about it right?" The black haired one said. She got up from spot on Mr. Kim's chair and approached me. "Be a good girl and keep quiet about it." They both grabbed their piles and left the room laughing. I took a breath out of frustration. I don't have time to run after them, I need to get back to Mr. Kim.

I grab my pile and placed it on my desk, making my way back to the meeting room. I knock on the door and wait for a sign from Mr. Kim. "Come in." I walk in bowing to both of the men in the room. Mr. Kim smiled at me as he turns his attention back to our guest.

••

"We're set then?" Mr. Kim asked. "Yes sir. Again sorry about the complication. CEO Tang like to be extra careful."

"It's fine I understand." He bowed and left heading down the elevator. Mr. Kim sighed. "Are you alright sir?" I asked. He looked toward me and smiled. "I'm fine." He looked at his watch and closed his eyes thinking.

When he opened them, he turned to me. "Let's go check on the rest of the employees before heading back to the office. We both need a break." He said. I nodded and followed his action heading toward the writing department.

We peaked in through the blinds of the glass window separating the hallway from their work area. A few people were on break they chatted with each other sipping their cups of coffee. Others were in their computers typing away. Mr. Kim smiled at them. "We need to have a company dinner soon, they deserve it." He said.

I looked up at him and back at the work room. Well, they're better behaved then a few of the people I've meet. I hadn't really noticed it before but the employees here really respect Mr.Kim, even Mrs.Ka didn't want to cause trouble when she was in this position. She must of wanted that to continue it, that's why she told me to do the same. I'm not going to let her down. I unconsciously nodded my head agreeing with myself.

"Rose-ssi?" I turned to look at Mr. Kim only to see that he had started walking back to our office. "Are you ok?" He laughed slightly. "S-sorry."

••

Once I got home I took off my heels and tossed them by the door. I dropped my hand bag on the couch and sat down next to it putting my legs up on the coffee table in front of me. I leaned my head back and stretched my arms.

Today was exhausting. And I have a pile of work to do. "Ugh I just wanna sleppppp!!"

"You're tired of working already?" I turned my head to see Jin coming toward me while wiping his wet hands on a towel. "Why are you here?" I asked watching him sit down on the opposite couch from me. "I knew you wouldn't eat if no one's gonna cook for you and I don't want you eating ramen every night." He sighed leaning back. "So how is it? Working with a computer 24/7, sitting in an office all day?"

"Why are you making it sound so miserable?" I asked going my back to my previous position. I saw him shrug. "It's ok..I'm getting through it at least."

"How's the boss?"

"He's actually pretty nice, he cares a lot about his employees, has nice conditions in the girls bathroom. I haven't seen that ever in other companies I've gone to."

"What do you mean? You've never worked at any other companies."

"I know I mean.. cause I've went to use the bathrooms during interviews and they all looked so gross."

"If your boss is so nice why do you looked so stressed." He arched an eyebrow. "The boss is perfectly fine it's just a few of the workers being bitches."

"Yah! Mind your language!" He pointed his finger at me. I put up my hands as a defense. "Well every job has a down side, you just got to learn how to deal with it so it won't bother you." He advised.

"Hmm I guess..that's actually good advice. I didn't know you could be so inspiring." I pulled on the hair tie that was keeping my hair in a bun, letting it fall past my shoulders. "I'm not just a pretty face you know." He smiled putting his two fingers between his chin presenting himself to me. I rolled my eyes. "Go wash up and come down to eat."

"You cooked for me?"

"Yea, so hurry up before it cools." I jumped out of my seat and ran to my bathroom.

••

"Do you want me to make something for your lunch tomorrow?" Jin asked as I entered the kitchen drying my hair with my towel. "That would be nice..wait do you think you can make two?"

"For who?"

"For the CEO."

"Ooo" I scrunched my nose at him. "Shut up I'm just trying to be a good employee." He laughed. "Employees don't bring in a meal for their boss on a normal day."

"Well then, I'm trying to be a good human being. Is that good enough for you?" Jin laughed as I pushed his shoulder, threatening to punch him. "Well if you want me to make one you better help. I'm not your maid."

"Oh but aren't you?" Jin pushed me as I stumbled and laughed. "What do you want me to do first?" I asked laying my towel down ok a nearby chair letting it dry. "Crack two eggs for me." I do as he says going to the fridge and taking out two eggs and cracking them into a bowel.

He gives me a pair of chop stick which I use to mix the two in. He takes out a frying pan and places it on the stove. I reach for the vegetable oil pouring it into the pan and wait for it to heat up.

A few minutes later I finished preparing the eggs. I helped make a lunch bag with rice and kimchi soup. I slowly take the spatula and place the eggs in Mr.Kim's and my own lunch box. "Why didn't you make the eggs into a heart shape?" Jin teased. I rolled my eyes and elbowed his side. He laughed and closed the lid on the soups.

I hope he likes this. I've only been working for a few weeks now but Mr.Kim has been working late everyday. I feel kinda bad that I can't help him since he always decline whenever I ask him if he needs assistance. This is the least I can do.