Sadie Adler: I'd like the Company

Start from the beginning

The next two drinks went smoothly, you both talked and laughed. You definitely loosened up and were less of a stumbling fool whenever she looked at you. All was going well until a man wandered, well drunkenly stumbled, over too you. He instantly placed an unwanted hand on your shoulder and turned you around to face him.

"A pretty thing like you shouldn't be drinking alone" the man slurred, hiccuping in the middle of his sentence.

"I ain't alone...I'm h-here with my friend" you shook your head, trying to turn back to Sadie but the man's grip on your shoulder held you in place.

"I meant, you should have a drink with me" he smirked, like he thought he was being smooth or something. His hand slid down to your elbow and yanked you out of your seat.

"She said that she is here with a friend. Take your hands off of her" Sadie suddenly jumped to her feet, quickly placing herself between you and this man.

"Cute, real cute, but just walk away darlin'" the man rolled his eyes. His eyes suddenly went wide when Sadie pulled out a hunting knife, holding the point of the blade up to his throat.

"Don't make me kill you, because I will, God damn it" Sadie threatened, the man only glanced around before his face fell blank. He nodded as he stepped away, only for two men who had been sitting with him to stand up and start making their way over.

Sadie cursed under her breath. She wasn't about to start a bar fight with three men while she was meant to be treating you to a drink, she wasn't going to get both of you in trouble for the man's brutish behaviour. She grabbed your hand before pulling you out of the saloon. You followed wordlessly and honestly a little afraid of the three men who seemed to be following you out of the door.

Sadie was clever and quick of her feet, even when she was dragging you behind her. She quickly disappeared down the side of the saloon, pulling you with her, and you both ended up sneaking around to behind the stables. Sadie pulled you around the corner and pressed you up against the back of the stables, placing a finger against your lips to tell you to stay quiet. Your eyes were wide as you watched her, you followed her gaze and both of you watched the three men from the saloon riding away on their horses. Apparently abandoning their search for you both.

Sadie let out a little laugh as she turned back to face you, removing her finger from your lips but not moving away from you. Your bodies inches away from touching. "Sorry, this probably wasn't how you wanted your day to go" she apologised but still had a smile on her face and you knew that apart of her enjoyed the thrill of what just happened. Admittedly a part of you enjoyed the thrill as well.

"D-Don't apologise. It's okay, r-really. It was kinda fun" you smiled shyly, internally cursing yourself for turning back into a flustered fool but you couldn't help it when Sadie was this close to you.

"Yeah, yeah it was" Sadie chuckled, nodding along and thankfully ignoring your slightly reddened cheeks and nervous tone. "You should come out with me more often, even if it's just a drink or even just a ride. I quite enjoy your company" she admitted, a natural smile still on her face.

"I would like that...I enjoy your company too. Much more than the others in camp" you admitted, your words making Sadie tilt her head and look at you with a confused expression. "N-Not that the others aren't great! I-I just really like spending time with you. I don't know...it's different with you...Sadie, I-" you rambled, not wanting her to get the wrong idea. But you couldn't finish your flustered rambling because Sadie's lips had found themselves against your own.

Your body tensed, you eyes wide, and your hands remaining at your sides, grabbing at your own skirt so tight that your knuckles were turning white. You couldn't believe what was happening and you didn't know how to react.

Sadie suddenly pulled away with a regretful look on her face. "Y/N...I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that. Please can we just forget this ever happened?" she asked, hoping that you would just agree to forget about it. Sadie wasn't the type who got nervous about kissing someone, she was usually so confident but with you it was different. She didn't regret kissing you because she didn't want to kiss you, it was because she didn't want to scare you. Sadie had been sure that you felt the same way about her, or at least a similar way, but now she wasn't so sure. She cared about you a lot and she didn't want this to stop you from talking to her.

"S-Sadie, I-I...I don't know what to say. I never...I didn't...I didn't realise that you were that way. You had a husband and I'm...I didn't know you...y'know" you stuttered, your face turning red as you shook your head and looked down at you feet, hoping that she wouldn't walk away.

"I loved Jake, I still love Jake and I always will, but I...well I find myself feeling that same love for you as well. We don't have to mention this again, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable" she apologised again, stepping away from you.

"No!" your eyes widened as you reached out and grabbed her wrist. You blushed at your sudden actions before releasing her wrist and looking down at the ground again. "I mean...you didn't make me uncomfortable. I...I think that I might be...what I'm saying is that I'm in love with you. I can barely think straight when you are around, I turn into some stupid fool" you laughed softly at yourself.

"You ain't a stupid fool, you're a beautiful woman" Sadie smiled, placing her fingers underneath your chin and lifting your face up to look at her.

"Could you...would you maybe...kiss me again?" you asked, your cheeks flaring up more if that was possible but you also had a bright smile on your face.

Sadie didn't respond, she didn't have too. She only smiled softly before cupping your jaw in her hands and pressing her lips to yours.

You had kissed men before, you wouldn't say that you didn't enjoy those kisses but you knew that something just wasn't quite right. But when Sadie was kissing you, that felt right. Her lips were a little chapped but still the softest pair that have ever touched yours. Her hair was so soft as you ran your fingers through it and her hands were calloused but also soft and nimble as she touched you, at least more so then any men that you had similar experiences with.

Sadie's fingers brushed against your jaw as your hands shakily landed on her waist. The kiss was everything you dreamed it would be, not that you would admit that you ever dreamed about it. She stepped towards you, your back gently pressed against the back wall of the stables but all you could focus on was the feeling of her body against yours. The kiss was gentle but it held everything was you wished it would. The love, the passion, the need, the care.

Slowly and hesitantly, you both pulled away from each other and Sadie rested her forehead against yours. "Let's get back to camp" Sadie smiled as she stepped back from you, holding her hand out to you. You smiled back at her as you placed your hand in hers and let her pull you away from the wall. Once you moved around to the side of the stables you let go of each others hands, walking back of her horse.

Just like earlier, Sadie mounted her horse and assisted you up so that you were sitting side saddle behind her. You wrapped your arms around her waist again, but this time you held on a little tighter even though it wasn't necessary. You rested your head against the back of her shoulder, sharing small talk on the ride back to camp.

Once you got back to camp Sadie dismounted the horse and then helped you down, her hand resting on your arm as you both walked further into the camp.

"I will leave you to your sewing" Sadie smiled, dropping her hand to her side.

"Actually, I would like the company" you smiled and she nodded. Sadie followed you to collect your sewing materials before you both sat at the table together in the middle of the camp. No body in the camp even looking twice at you two sitting together and sharing pleasant conversation.

Requests?