Chapter Thirty One

A Week Later

Rachel was locked in her room for hours now. She has been eating small portions making everyone worry. Sakura checked up on her every half hour making sure she was okay and if she wanted to talk but each time Rachel shut Sakura down. Sasuke was back on tour due to Sakura insisting that he go back. He told her that he was willing to cancel his tour to be with her but she refused. Kiba was barely starting to heal mentally after the funeral but it's still too soon for him. He told Sakura of his dreams, how he saw Yani telling him that it'll be okay and for him not to be sad anymore. Kiba insisted that he go back to work even though his boss gave him a leave. Sometimes he just doesn't know how to handle the situation without having a distraction. Rachel refuses to go to school and Sakura stayed in Kiba's house to keep things going.

"I'm doing fine... no I'm not lying... wel-... yes I know that Sasuke... okay, bu-..." Sakura sighed as Sasuke continued to talk over her. She was getting frustrated with Kiba not wanting to talk to her or wanting to take a breather, of Rachel not coming out of her room, and of Sasuke constantly worried for her. She paced back and forth from the kitchen listening to Sasuke as he went on. There was a loud thud from up in Rachel's room and Sakura quickly rushed up and knocked on Rachel's bedroom door. "Rachel? Honey you okay?" . No one responded making her worry. She knocked a few more times before the door opened showing Rachel's puffy face.

"I'm sorry to worry you Sakura... I was trying to get something from the top shelf and it fell..." the little girl softly whimpered. Sakura got on her knees and hugged Rachel, it seemed like an entirety since Sakura last saw the girl. Rachel stood there with her head down. Her hair hasn't been brush, her eyes looked puffy from crying.

"It's okay baby. It's okay" Sakura said hushing the child down. "Come on let's get you freshened up" Sakura suggested. Rachel only nodded into sakura's chest. "Wait for me in the bathroom okay?" Again the girl only nodded and went. Sakura put her phone to her ear again "Sorry about that Sasuke, everything is fine just a false alarm... yeah... okay, well I'll call you later on okay?... I love you too... okay Sasuke, bye..." she hung up and walked over to the bathroom. Rachel was standing there waiting looking so helpless. Sakura turned on the water to fill the tub and helped Rachel out of her clothes. Sakura pulled out a box of bath bombs for Rachel to choose from. "Which one?" She smiled at the girl. Rachel pointed to the green one with pink petals sticking out. Sakura handed the bomb and help her entered the bath. Rachel slowly lowered the bomb into the water and watched as it fizzled turning the water a beautiful emerald green with the pink petals floating around. "How's the water? Warm enough?" Sakura asked as she started to wash Rachel's back with a small bath cloth.

"It's okay..." she barely managed to allow the words to escape from her mouth.

"I know it hurts baby girl..." Sakura sympathized. "I know it's hard..."

"I just... I just can't believe she won't wake me up every morning for school. She won't brush my hair as I eat breakfast anymore or tell me that she loves me, or kiss me..." Rachel started tearing up and buried her head in her knees that were now pulled up to her chest. "She's just not here anymore... which makes me not want to be here..." Sakura was taken back at her last words.

"Don't say that Rachel, your mother would of never ever wanted to hear that coming from your mouth. She would be very sad"

"But I would be able to see her... how can she not be happy?"

"Because she would want you to live the best life for her and for your father" Sakura smiled. "You are worth so much more Rachel and your mother would want you to be happy. She would want you to go to school, get married, have children... she would just want you to be happy. Just like how your father and I want you to be happy" Rachel slowly turned to head to face Sakura.