Chapter Twenty One

After the party Sakura and Sasuke stayed to help clean up. Kiba took Rachel up stairs carrying her in his arms as she yawned claiming she wasn't tired. Sasuke took care of all the heavy duty out in the back yard while Sakura and Yani took care of the light stuff inside.

"How is things going with Sasuke" Yani smiled as she picked up a book that wa son the ground.

"It's nice, we are taking things slow" Sakura responded as she washed the dishes. "How are you?" Sakura asked.

"I'm good, just tired" Yani said. "Sakura..."

"Hm?"

"Will you join me and Rachel at the park tomorrow at four?"

"Sure"

"Thank you, it's important" Yani smiled and continued to pick up stuff that the children left a mess. Sakura looked at her struggling to get back up from the floor. She finished the last plate and rushed over to her helping her up. "Thank you Sakura-Chan I must be really tired" she laughed lightly.

"Yeah, why don't you go lay down. I'll finish the rest" Sakura insisted. Yani denied but Sakura kept begging and Yani finally gave in. She walked to her room thanking Sakura again and closed the door. Sakura quickly picks up the remaining toys and paper scattered on the floor and sits on the couch in deep thought. The door opens and Sasuke walks in. He shuts the door and sees Sakura on the couch. He goes over to her and sits next to her.

"You okay?"

"She wants to speak with me tomorrow"

"That's good"

"And bad"

"Sakur-"

"I know it Sasuke, I just know it. She's suffering..." she whispered.

"You don't know that"

"But I do, my gut tells me"

"Your gut is wrong"

"It's never wrong"

"What about following your heart?"

"The heart can be bipolar"

"So your not sure about me?" Sasuke questioned.

"That's not what I meant, I just... Sasuke I'm scared. Not only for Rachel but for Kiba" she held his hand. "I'm sorry I'm just blurting words out and I'm scared that I'm right but I know that she's dying..." Sakura whispered the last part.

"I know" he sighed and pulled her closer to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pull more stress on to you"

"You causing her problems Uchiha?" Kiba came down the stairs. He walked his way to the couch and plopped on the couch besides them.

"No just teasing her about the shoot we did" Sasuke smirked.

"Oh shut up" Sakura played along and elbowed him lightly.

"Hmm, well okay" he sighed.

"You've been up there for a while, taking a nap?" Sakura smirked.

"Rachel was complaining how she wasn't tired and wanted you to watch her favorite movie with her. I told her you will some other time"

"I won't mind watching it now" Sakura said.

"It's a school night and that child would not get up in the morning for the life of me"

"Why not drag her out of bed?" Sasuke said.

"Not possible with Akamaru" Sakura smiled.

"That name sounds familiar..." Sasuke said.

"I don't think he remembers him" Kiba laughed and turned towards the door to his bed room and whistled. "Akamaru come out here"
The door opened and out came a large dog and he rushed over to Kiba making him laugh. "Sasuke remember the tiny puppy I had back in high school?"

"Yeah?"

"This is him"

"No fucking way!" Sasuke jumped up from his seat. "This dog right here is that puppy that you would always bring to school?!" He pointed at Akamaru still trying to process. Akamaru noticed Sasuke and rushed over to him licking him while he waved his tail.

"Looks like he remembers you" Kiba smiled.

"I hardly see him anymore" Sakura petted Akamaru.

"He's been with Yani all the time in the room" Kiba shrugged. "He's just hasn't been the same since she went into surgery. Maybe I'm just over thinking. I mean he is getting old"

"Maybe" Sakura said. "Has Yani been doing great?" Sakura asked Kiba.

"Yeah, we've been trying for another baby actually" he smiled softly. "Rachel's been wanting a sibling, so I asked Yani and she said okay"

"Another child Kiba? Wow" Sakura smiled but in the back of her mind she feared that it wouldn't come true.

"You sure you can handle the second?" Sasuke laughed.

"Of course I'm a natural" he proudly said. They all laughed, about another hour went by and Sasuke and Sakura left home. The car ride was silent and when they got home to Sasuke's place Sakura threw herself on the bed. Sasuke sat by the edge and untied both of her shoes.

"I'm scared Sasuke..." Sakura whispered. Sasuke took off her shoes.

"I know you are Sakura but don't think so negative" he kicked off his own shoes and crawled over to her. He massages her shoulder making her loosen up.

"I just don't want Yani to die now, she doesn't deserve to"

"You don't know that and she won't" Sasuke said.

"Sasuke she looked more healthier before and now she looks like she's fighting for her life"

"Relax Sakura, Maybe Your over reacting. Maybe it's the medicine she's taking that has a bad side affect and she stopped taking them and waiting for her new medication. Don't jump to conclusions. You only stress yourself out when you don't even know the full story" Sasuke sighed.

"Maybe..." she mumbled.

"Hn"

"Hmmm"

"Stop being like that please, you make me worry" he stopped massaging her and hugged her. He kissed head and she turned over to face him.

"Fine, but if I'm right Sasuke you have to promise me something" Sakura looked at him straight in the eyes.

"What's that?" He said.

"If I'm right about Yani dying I'm going to be there for them. That means that I'm going to live there and help them out. I won't be free as I use to and I don't want you to get mad about it. I am Kiba's best friend and Rachel's godmother, that means that if anything happens to them I am responsible for Rachel. Yani is like a sister to me and I will not let her down" Sasuke smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I'll support you all the way" Sakura smiled at his response and pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you"