Chapter 26

We all looked at Rith. With his every step my heart started beating faster. Whom does he going to believe?

   'R, you are here finally. Save me from this bastard' Dev said and smiled at R.

   This fellow's guts!!! I have to give it for that..

   'I knew you will come to my aid. This cheapo Avinash has come again with a whole new plot. This shameless fellow..' Dev ranted on Avinash.

   'I said enough, dev' Rith replied in a dangerously low tone.

   Dev looked a little bit worried seeing Rith's reaction.

   There was a pin drop silence in the room.

   'Now I expect you to speak some truth, Dev' Rith voice didn't even raise a decibel.

   'R, that's what I am saying. This shameless guy..' Dev was again interrupted.

   'And if you fail to speak the truth, the consequences will not be severe. It will be the end of you' Rith's voice gave me goosebumps.

   I have seen happy Rith, sad Rith, vulnerable Rith, angry Rith, broken Rith, playful Rith. I have seen many shades of him. But what I saw today is something different. Entirely new to me.

   'Ritesh, I am just...' Dev started.

   'And I swear that I will not mind doing what I said before' Rith said and sat on the couch. His eyes were locked with Dev's. He didn't even give a glance in our direction.

   Dev gulped. Yes, it was over. He knew it by now.

   'We don't have all day, Dev. So let us be straight. I guess you did a great job fooling me' Rith spitted out the words like poison

   Dev started laughing lika a maniac. I and Anika looked at each other confused. This drama is never going to end anytime soon.

   'Yes, yes. Didn't I? You are the greatest dumbass I have seen, Ritesh. The greatest one!!!' Dev again started laughing.

   'Enough' It was Avinash who ordered him now

   'Well, well. Look at Avinash getting pussy again. He always loved you Ritesh. You are the fool who never saw it' Dev chuckled softly.

   Rith looked at Avinash. Pain filled in both their eyes. He is hurting inside. It was just sad seeing him like that.

   'So why did you lie?' Rith finally asked him.

   'Why did I lie? Why did I planned all this? O, Ritesh! You knew it. You knew that you are the reason why I did all this!' Dev laughed again.

   'What the hell are you talking?' Rith growled and stood up.

   'Yes, it was you. It was because of you I changed. You were always the great one R. The great one of the gang. The popular son of the Dean. You were always the star. We are just your sidekicks, aren't we?' Dev replied.

   'Are you mad?' It was me who asked him now.

   'Yes, Suha. I am mad. I am mad at you. And we should not call you Suha. Only he gets you call that. What? Did he get copyright for that name?' Dev gave Rith an angry look.

   'It was always you and him. He over cares for you. He never let any other boy to come near you. Including me. But he let him to near you' Dev said pointing to Avinash.

   Okay! Now I am super confused.

   'Didn't you Ritesh? you and Avinash become best friends in a short span. And all that you talked to him was about Suhana. Yes, you wanted him to fall for her. Because you thought he will be best. But you are wrong Ritesh, I am the best' Dev continued.