CHAPTER 09 - GETTING CLOSER

‘Suhu! What is all this new craziness? He is not going to come’ Anika said frustrated.

  ‘No, Ani. I have a good feeling about today. He will definitely show up’ I said confidently.

  ‘Suhu! For the past two weeks we are roaming from railway station to station searching for your bear man. We couldn’t find that vanishing man’ Anika’s frustration grew as the time flew.

  ‘Ani, this is the station where I saw him first. I think we will meet him today. Meantime, I will buy you an ice cream. Come’ I said and we reached the shop across the road.

  ‘Suhu, shall I ask something?’ Anika quizzed. I nodded.

  ‘You know him since your accident. But you didn’t take any effort to find him. Why suddenly now you show this much interest?’ Anika asked.

  ‘True, Ani. After first incident I wanted to see him and thank him. But after the second incident I know that destiny is trying to say me something. That’s why I need to find him’ I replied.

  Anika smiled a little. But I didn’t fail to notice.

  ‘What is so funny?’ I asked.

  ‘Okay. You can keep telling yourself that reason’ Anika said.

  ‘So you think there is another reason for my search for the bear man?’ I demanded.

  ‘Obviously’ Anika finished her cup and threw it.

  ‘And that is?’ I asked.

  ‘You are searching your bear man suddenly because you fear that you will love Avinash’ Anika replied.

  ‘Wh…What crap!’ I threw my cup now.

  ‘It’s not crap. It is the truth’ Anika said.

  ‘For you. I agree that he is helping us. But it is just for the deal. He is Rith’s enemy and I have no business with him’ I replied.

  ‘I got my answer’ Anika smirked. I raised my eyebrow.

  ‘This whole Rith enemy thing, I get it. You said that he is Rith’s enemy but you never said that you hate him’ Anika said.

  ‘You are unbelievable, Anika. I hate him. Happy now. I should have brought someone with me’ I said.

  ‘Okay, my baby. I won’t tease you with Avinash. Sorry, now smile’ Anika said.

  ‘Shit, Anika. There he is! We are going to miss him. Come fast’ I shouted like someone who got a panic attack.

  ‘Suhana! Wait’ Anika just saved me from getting hit by a truck.

  ‘Anika, it’s him. See the bear mask. It’s him’ I again shouted.

  ‘I know it’s him. But you have to be alive to meet him. Calm down’ Anika said and we both crossed the road. To hell with the traffic of the city.

  ‘Suhana’ I heard Anika shout my name but I freed myself and ran towards my hero.

  He had already given the kids their chocolate and he was returning.

  ‘Excuse me, please. Excuse me’ it was hard to make my way through the crowd.

  ‘Bear man! Bear man! Blue t-shirt’ I shouted mad. But in vain. He got in a car and went away.

  ‘Shit’ I shouted in frustration.

  ‘Suhu, relax’ Anika finally caught up with me.