CHAPTER 14 - LAST MEET

I was determined to get to the bottom of the problem.

   ‘Anika, come with me’ I dragged her along.

   ‘Suhu, but where we are going?’ Anika quizzed me.

   ‘To the store room’ I said.

   ‘Ohoo! To meet Avinash’ Anika smiled cunningly. I noticed it and decided to ignore it.

   ‘Yes and to hear the whole story’ I replied.

   ‘Hi baby’ Karan hugged Anika as soon as we entered the store room.

    I looked at Avinash and smiled. As expected he didn’t return my smile. Though it was expected, my heart ached.

   ‘So how is our enemy?’ Karan asked me.

   ‘He is fine’ I replied looking at Avinash. But he didn’t even care to look at me.

   ‘Okay’ Karan replied. There was an awkward silence in the room.

   ‘Thank you’ I finally opened my mouth.

   ‘That’s okay’ Again Karan was the one who replied.

   ‘I was not thanking you’ I replied rudely but someone got to shut his mouth.

   ‘Okay’ he threw his hands up.

   ‘I said Thank you’ I said looking straight into his eyes. His sea colored eyes prisoned my gaze. Well! Surprisingly, I liked it.

   ‘Don’t thank me. We had a deal. And I completed my part’ Avinash replied.

   Just then I remembered our deal. Oh Gosh! I have to now do whatever he demands. This can’t be good.

   ‘Yes. So what is your demand?’ I asked him. He looked at me for a moment.

   ‘I have no demands right now. But you just keep in your mind about our deal’ Avinash replied.

   I was surprised and was also little bit disappointed.

   ‘Okay. I will’ I said.

   ‘Karan, let’s go’ Avinash said.

   ‘Wait’ I said.

   ‘What?’ Avinash asked.

   ‘I am trying to talk about this so long. I wanted to tell you about Dev and me but…’ I was interrupted by him

   ‘You don’t have to tell me your love story’ he replied rather nastily.

   ‘Of course, I have to. I know you are sulking because of that’ I finally said what I have been buried in me for so long.

   Avinash seemed to be taken back for a moment. Just a moment.

   ‘Who said you that?’ Avinash lowered his eyes from mine and turned the other side.

   ‘No one has to say it’ I said and moved towards him.

   ‘Why are not even looking at me? Why are you ignoring me? I couldn’t bear it anymore. What happened to us?’ My voice was no more than a whisper shout and my hands were on his shoulder.

    ‘Us?’ His eyes were back on my eyes. I stood there mesmerized by his eyes. Yes! That devil face was indeed a charming.

   ‘US?’ his voice brought me back to the world.

   ‘I meant our friendship’ I replied moving back from him.

   He looked at me steadily and replied.